Satang KYC

Jenkins9039

Dear Satang Pro customers,

Important Announcement: Update personal information through identity verification (KYC) for better security and to prevent potential risks.

Satang Corporation Co., Ltd. would like to inform foreign customers of the Satang Pro application for those who opened an account and verified their identity (KYC) before 19 December 2022.

The company asks for cooperation from all foreign customers to please update your information for better security and to prevent potential risks, as well as to prevent frauds and to comply with the regulatory requirements. 

The Company kindly requests all foreign customers to complete the steps listed below.

1. Schedule an appointment with the company to verify identity. Please contact the company to prepare documents and schedule a meeting (Face to Face)
  2. Prepare original documents and certified copies in accordance with the purpose of immigration.
  3. Meeting with the KYC staff at the time and location as confirmed by the company accompanied by the required documents.

Due to security reasons, Failure to update your information through identity verification process (KYC) by 26 July 2023 may cause you to be unable to make deposit-withdrawal digital asset transactions.

Furthermore, failure to update your information by 25 September 2023. We will have to deactivate your account. This may cause you to be unable to trade and cannot make deposit-withdrawal transactions until the completion of identity verification process (KYC).

For continuous use and better security, we kindly ask you to update your mobile device’s operating system to the most recent version before updating your personal information.

We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur as the company has informed customers according to the information above.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

If you complied with their KYC merely 7 months ago they want you to do it again.

I would suggest shutting down any accounts and taking your business elsewhere.

Then tell them to go <deleted> themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

If you complied with their KYC merely 7 months ago they want you to do it again.

I would suggest shutting down any accounts and taking your business elsewhere.

Then tell them to go <deleted> themselves.

Think my account has been open quite some time, was getting a popup about verification for about 7 months but when i checked the account page it showed as verified.

Popup now gone, and verified shows, but my verification was done years ago.

What does interest me, is the mention of Immigration in the email.

3 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

What does interest me, is the mention of Immigration in the email.

They are maybe looking to see if anyone is living off of trading. 

I think the main reason is the anti money laundering regulations. 

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They are maybe looking to see if anyone is living off of trading. 

I think the main reason is the anti money laundering regulations. 

Don't trade, but do keep my savings in crypto.

Live off my savings. 

So not really sure, will just opt to utilise non-domestic in future.

Got the same one. Emailed them back asking wtf this means exactly, what I'm supposed to do rn? The support told me smth like "actually that meant you should wait for another email that'll explain it all ????".  Seems like a good time to check the alternatives

16 minutes ago, ViajeroLA said:

Got the same one. Emailed them back asking wtf this means exactly, what I'm supposed to do rn? The support told me smth like "actually that meant you should wait for another email that'll explain it all ????".  Seems like a good time to check the alternatives

Keep us updated.

I don't particularly want to have to go to their office...

Are you still able to trade?

I haven't heard anything from UpBit Thailand about reverifying.

Not yet anyway and if they give me any hassle I'll abandon the account.

I generally only use it for buying and never keep a balance on it.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 10:36 PM, Jenkins9039 said:

Keep us updated.

I don't particularly want to have to go to their office...

Are you still able to trade?

Yeah. They warned about the dates when account could be limited if no actions taken in the 1st msg. It's end of July if I'm not mistaken. My account works well for all the operations RN ????

UPD: They replied back and offered me to meet their representative for the "face2face KYC" right here, will update in a few days if it all went fine as it should ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ViajeroLA said:

Yeah. They warned about the dates when account could be limited if no actions taken in the 1st msg. It's end of July if I'm not mistaken. My account works well for all the operations RN ????

UPD: They replied back and offered me to meet their representative for the "face2face KYC" right here, will update in a few days if it all went fine as it should ????

Where is right here?

On 7/13/2023 at 6:58 PM, Jenkins9039 said:

Where is right here?

I live near Pattaya so the meeting was there, I should get the final result in a few days but I can't imagine someone will say the documents I've provided were illegitimate or smth ????

As far as I know their team who handles "in-person-verification" travels all around the TH RN + they always accept visitors in their BKK office

11 hours ago, ViajeroLA said:

I live near Pattaya so the meeting was there, I should get the final result in a few days but I can't imagine someone will say the documents I've provided were illegitimate or smth ????

As far as I know their team who handles "in-person-verification" travels all around the TH RN + they always accept visitors in their BKK office

Honestly easier to just use a OTC or off-shore exchange i'd imagine.

Liquidity on Satang isn't great at times.

• 2 weeks later...

They just cut off all US Citizens due to FATCA. I am quite disturbed since I used they a lot for the past 2 years and just went in earlier this month to re-verify all my KYC info.

I guess now I will just have to use my wife's account.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, calbts2 said:

They just cut off all US Citizens due to FATCA. I am quite disturbed since I used they a lot for the past 2 years and just went in earlier this month to re-verify all my KYC info.

I guess now I will just have to use my wife's account.

TBF who can blame them, the sheer amount of information gathering they need to commence to please the US is absolutely crazy.