Phuket Old Town street makes list of world’s most beautiful streets

snoop1130

Screenshot-14.jpg

Phuket’s Soi Romanee has been named one of the 20 most beautiful streets in the world, according to the website, Seasia Stats. According to a Lifestyle Asia report, the Southeast Asia-based news site recently posted a list of the world’s 20 most beautiful streets and Phuket makes the grade.

Soi Romanee, in the Old Town area of the island, comes in at number 19, chosen for its “pastel colours galore, unique architectural details, and the most charm.”

The street, formerly a red-light destination with gambling houses, brothels,and underground drug dens, today has had a major make-over in recent decades, renowned for its Sino-Portuguese architecture and colourful buildings. The street is very Instagrammable, always popular with foreign and Thai tourists.

By Peter Roche

Caption: PHOTO: Flickr/Judy

Full Story: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/phuket-news/phuket-old-town-street-makes-list-of-worlds-most-beautiful-streets/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-06-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I find this statement very hard to believe! Cables everywhere... Just in Scotland there are dozens of streets and villages which are far nicer and that's without looking around England Wales or Northern Island. Holland and Europe have wonderful streets then America, Canada  so many stunning and beautiful but hay! no hanging wires....

Edited by BritScot
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Makes me wonder who conducts, decides and makes these awards.

Mind you, it's Thailand, you can make anything up.

No it's not 'Thailand'. But carry on....

The full list for Seasia‘s “The World’s 20 Most Beautiful Streets” is as follows:

1. Symi Harbour, Livadia
  2. Acorn Street, Boston
  3. Bo-Kaap, Cape Town
  4. Callejon El Asri, Chefchaouen
  5. Rua Luís de Camões, Águeda
  6. Alberobello, Puglia
  7. Anafiotika, Athens
  8. Quai de la Poissonnerie, Colmar
  9. Venetian Island, Burano
  10. Cherry Blossoms, Tokyo
  11. El Caminito, Buenos Aires
  12. Aldama, San Miguel de Allende
  13. Champs de Mars, Paris
  14. Rue Crémieux, Paris
  15. Arlington Row, Bibury
  16. Lombard Street, San Francisco
  17. Kek Chuan Road, George Town
  18. Annecy, Rhone Alpes
  19. Soi Romanee, Phuket
  20. Nyhavn, Copenhagen

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BritScot said:

I find this statement very hard to believe! Cables everywhere... Just in Scotland there are dozens of streets and villages which are far nicer and that's without looking around England Wales or Northern Island. Holland and Europe have wonderful streets then America, Canada  so many stunning and beautiful but hay! no hanging wires....

@BritScot  Have you actually been there?  Doesn't sound like it!  

Edited by paulikens
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BritScot said:

What century were you there?

These are my own pics from when we lived there, January 2010

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

"Cables everywhere."

?

BS.

4 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

"Cables everywhere."

?

BS.

Do you not see the black line of cables on the building on the photo? My statement still stands and the same applies to you "When wast last time you visited Scotland or GB or the other amazing streets and villages in the rest of the world? Again Iveseen far more beautiful streets on my travels. NOT BS!!!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, BritScot said:

Yes, Crail in Fife, where my grandmother was born and educated until she was 14 when she got a job at a " Big House" in the kitchen, presumably as the scullery maid. In her 80's she could still knock up a wonderful kedgeree.

It is a beautiful town, there are lovely places to visit if you walk on the St Andrews to Forth Bridge footpath. The next town to the South is Anstruther where you can find at the harbour the best fish and chip restaurant that I have ever visited. From Anstruther you can visit by boat the Isle of May which is now a seabird reserve, well worth a visit to see the puffins in the breeding season, first time I was there, there were 30,000 breeding pairs of puffins. The boats only go to the Isle of May if the weather is ok, times vary every day as you can only visit at high tide.

17 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Was there a month ago. It is nice.. a bit too pretty but nice atmosphere and fun Sunday market. 

Also been there, and some time ago (Feb 2021) and also during Sunday Market.  It is quite nive area, and that soi particularly.  Almost popped in there a couple weeks ago.  Kind of wish I did now, as doubt if I'll be returning.

Kwang Mojito is on that soi, and best Mojitos in TH.  Spent a bit of time there last visit.  Damn friendly and keeps pouring, whether paying or not ????

Kwang Mojito

image.png.64b762fa8ca5db43a39c932d4ebc2bde.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

"Cables everywhere."

?

BS.

THANKS

People really should visit a place before commenting about what they don't know.

Some cables still there, but nothing like you see elsewhere in TH.

360° Street view

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1