UK embassy affirmation of marriage and Amphur date

MicroB

The affirmation of marriage application says you need to provide the name of the Amphur and date. I'm using an agency  to do all the translation and legwork to the MFO, plus sort out a booking at the Amphur. So I don't have an actual date (beyond the date I'd want it to happen). Does it have to be the exact date?

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like bureaucracy gone mad. Luckily I didn't need that when I got mine ( not from UK embassy ) as the first place wouldn't do it because of some problem with paperwork.

IMO tell the agency to get a move on- I did all that in a day on my own. Perhaps it's got more difficult now, which would not surprise me.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 7/8/2023 at 11:19 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Sounds like bureaucracy gone mad. Luckily I didn't need that when I got mine ( not from UK embassy ) as the first place wouldn't do it because of some problem with paperwork.

IMO tell the agency to get a move on- I did all that in a day on my own. Perhaps it's got more difficult now, which would not surprise me.

It can't be done in a day now. The MFA apparently no longer does an express service. They need 3 working days, which makes things a bit tight to get done in the same period, considering the Embassy only takes appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And the MFA shuts for the day at 3pm, and obviously closed at weekends.

So, with a morning Tuesday appointment at the Embassy, getting the paperwork to the agency for translation and notorisation, then having it couriered to the MFA before 3pm, I might just about be able to get married the following Monday afternoon.

17 hours ago, MicroB said:

It can't be done in a day now. The MFA apparently no longer does an express service. They need 3 working days, which makes things a bit tight to get done in the same period, considering the Embassy only takes appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And the MFA shuts for the day at 3pm, and obviously closed at weekends.

So, with a morning Tuesday appointment at the Embassy, getting the paperwork to the agency for translation and notorisation, then having it couriered to the MFA before 3pm, I might just about be able to get married the following Monday afternoon.

That's unfortunate about having to take 3 days- I see why guys might resort to an agent now- 3 days hotel stay isn't cheap if living outside Bkk.

I guess I was lucky- all done in one day.

I don't get the rush to get married though- she's not going to change her mind, is she?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...