Non-B for investment of condo

I understand that Thailand now provides a 5-year non-B visa if a foreigner invests in a condo greater than ฿10 million.

I recently purchased a condo unit over ฿10M, but the condo is in both my and my partner's names. Will I still be able to apply for this visa even though the Title is in two names?

Buy a Condominium

You can invest a minimum of 10 million Baht into a condo in Thailand. Keep in mind that your eligibility for an Investment Visa depends solely on the purchase price of the condo. Thus, if you purchase a condo for 11 million Baht but the property is declared to be worth 9 million Baht by the Department of Land, you will not be eligible for an Investment Visa.

For this reason, you are advised to verify the condo's value directly with the Department of Land and keep the transfer tax receipt. This will serve as proof to the immigration office that the condo was valued above 10 million Baht at the time of purchase before its price dropped. If you cannot present a transfer tax receipt and the condominium is valued lower than 10 million Baht, you will not be able to obtain an Investment Visa.

Furthermore, only the purchase of condos that the Thai government has approved will qualify you for an Investment Visa. Therefore, to obtain this visa, you must buy a new condo from a developer and own it for a minimum of three years.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Keninbkk said:

I recently purchased a condo unit over ฿10M, but the condo is in both my and my partner's names. Will I still be able to apply for this visa even though the Title is in two names?

You need to have brought the 10M into the country and then YOU needed to spend over 10M on the condo, as is, even though you may have paid the full amount, your actual ownership is only 50%

1 hour ago, Keninbkk said:

If the condo is worth over 20 million (so each of you owns 10+ million), then maybe. If it’s worth less than that, then probably no.