Best beach for swimming

We are staying at the south end of Phangnan, but the beach here is pretty much unswimmable -- very shallow and can't make it out to the breakers without walking over coral. Is there a good beach for swimming on the island?

• Like 1

Secret Beach, Koh Raham. Might suffer from low tide sometimes, then dive in from the nearby restaurant area - even if not a guest can still go there and jump in the water to swim around corals.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help. I did go to Thong Nai Pan Noi and it was very nice. The road over there was a bit of a challenge, but it was worth it. I can't believe how bad this southern beach is for swimming given the number of resorts on it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phuketsub said:

I can't believe how bad this southern beach is for swimming given the number of resorts on it. 

A bit of research might have helped. Was on KP and both beaches 30 years ago. People knew then before the internet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, marin said:

A bit of research might have helped. Was on KP and both beaches 30 years ago. People knew then before the internet. 

Yeah, understood. Still, it is really frustrating. Where I live in Songkhla they built a huge seawall, making an otherwise nice beach unswimmable...it really drives me crazy. I would trade all the wifi, roadwork and 7-Elevens to go back to what these places were like 30+ years ago. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, phuketsub said:

Thanks for all the help. I did go to Thong Nai Pan Noi and it was very nice. The road over there was a bit of a challenge, but it was worth it. I can't believe how bad this southern beach is for swimming given the number of resorts on it. 

When I first went over to Thong Nai Pan, a few years back, it was a dirt road and it had been raining heavily the night before. We were two on our Honda Click and that was a challenge. I didn't go back until the new road was finished and I wondered how I'd managed it before.

18 hours ago, phuketsub said:

The northern beaches are the best on both Phangan and Samui; however, the southern beaches have nice views. Many guests in resorts comes for spa facilities and/or use the pools, the latter rather than swimming in the sea.

• Like 1

Well, tomorrow is the Full Moon Party. I am only here because my teenage daughter said it was on her 'bucket list'. 

Any advice for a grumpy old man who had avoided this for 30+ years, but is now being encouraged to attend?

1 hour ago, phuketsub said:

Any advice for a grumpy old man who had avoided this for 30+ years, but is now being encouraged to attend?

don't let them introduce you to molly. she is not your type. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phuketsub said:

Well, tomorrow is the Full Moon Party. I am only here because my teenage daughter said it was on her 'bucket list'. 

Stay sober

• Like 1

I am sort of torn on this: should I just sleep through it or not. 

Maybe I'll crash at 9pm as usual then hit then go over at around 3pm to see what it is like...or just to pull my daughter out of there.

On 7/1/2023 at 2:56 PM, phuketsub said:

Get out and enjoy the party and dance – that's what many other former grumpy old men do, and it's really a healthy nice cure...:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1