Contraceptive Injections

bbi1

From my readings on the net, it seems these injections last 3 months and are a little more better in terms of percentage protection over the pill.

Does anyone have experience with using this in Thailand? Roughly how much does each 3 month injections cost? Any recommendations for getting this done in Pattaya?

Edited by bbi1
  • Haha 1

my gf had one .....  the effect of no period dragged on for about 6 months .....  then she started having them every two weeks ......  it took a year to come back to normal .....    we did not try it a second time ..........     on the plus side during that time she didn't have a single migraine which she is prone to 

• Like 2

Countless women get this in Thailand. Any hospital as well as many clinics (including government health centers) can provide it. Not expensive. All Thai women know where to get this. 

Effectiveness is about the same as the plll if pill is taken regularly without fail. The main advantage is no need to remember to take a pill daily -- but of course  have to remember to get the injection every 3 months and for some women that is harder than remembering a pill everyday.

Menstrual side effects are very common with it. Other side effects experienced by somme women are nausea, depression, headaches and hot flashes. 

If it is desired to prevent pregnancy for a long time, an alternative is the contraceptive implant which goes under the skin. It is same class of drug (progestin) but unlike the injections which give a high blood level initially that then goes down, the blood levels are constant and at lower level so may be better tolerated by some women, and no need to remember anything. However it does require a minor surgical procedure to insert it and also to remove it, for which reason I suggest any woman considering it to first try a progestin only pill for a few months. If that suits, so likely will the implant. 

• Like 1

One of my girlfriends had the injection and it was great for me as we never needed to take a break from sex due to not having periods. But as I am a gentleman I did give her one day off a week so she could recover her p....y and visit her son.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Be a responsible male.  There are sperm storage sites available.   Store some if you want then get a vasectomy.  If you are going to sleep around, then don't let the gal  deal with the pill, injections, or abnormal menstrual side effects.

Be responsible.

10 minutes ago, NORDO said:

Be a responsible male.  There are sperm storage sites available.   Store some if you want then get a vasectomy.  If you are going to sleep around, then don't let the gal  deal with the pill, injections, or abnormal menstrual side effects.

Be responsible.

Do you mean to have a J Arthur before you bonk?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1