Body of Australian Man Found Floating in the Krabi Sea

snoop1130

1f01a516a30302dde1d4b9835930bfcecacf014b919447a959947c4efb5c584f-696x522.jpg

The body of a 58-year-old Australian man was found floating in the sea at Ao Nang.

The Ao Nang Police told the Phuket Express that they were notified by a staffer at the Hat Nopparat Thara Mu-Ko Phi Phi National Park about the shocking incident on Monday morning (July 3rd). A local fisherman first found the body.

They and the Krabi Marine Police arrived at the scene to find the male body. No wounds were found on him and police believe that the man had died at least six hours before his body was found.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Caption: PHOTO: Siam Rath

#news

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/07/03/body-of-australian-man-found-floating-in-the-krabi-sea/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-07-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Very strange to me that he had with him a bag containing his passport and hotel card if he went swimming-----who does that? sounds like fell off a watercraft of some sort??? or foul play.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Very strange to me that he had with him a bag containing his passport and hotel card if he went swimming-----who does that? sounds like fell off a watercraft of some sort??? or foul play.

Hotel card?

• Confused 3

29 minutes ago, bignok said:

Hotel card?

I have gone to the actual article to answer your post. Utilize the resources available.

A passport and a hotel card were found in a bag that the man was carrying. 

• Like 2

A comment regarding the OP has been removed.  

17. The ASEAN NOW news team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and international sources, and republishes them in the news forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our news team works hard to bring quality content to the news forums and should be respected for their efforts. Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are disrespectful and unwelcome. Such comments will be sanctioned. Original articles, especially in the Thai or foreign language press can sometimes have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ASEAN NOW is not responsible for these nor does ASEAN NOW have the right to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ASEAN NOW is not responsible for any opinions reflected or quoted in reprinted news stories.

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Thairath states the Austrian man was wearing a t-shirt and trousers, and a 'shoulder bag' containing passport documents, 350 baht in Thai currency and an Ao Nang Beach hotel card.

Body sent for autopsy.

10 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Thairath states the Austrian man was wearing a t-shirt and trousers, and a 'shoulder bag' containing passport documents, 350 baht in Thai currency and an Ao Nang Beach hotel card.

Body sent for autopsy.

So not swimming.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There are tours from Ao Nang beach to various islands, some boats carry alcohol and encourage swimming when they drop anchor. The autopsy will shed more light.

No alcohol on the boats i took. He wore trousers. Sight seeing.

15 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Strange but it happens. I knew a guy who did exactly that at every swim.

On 7/4/2023 at 3:54 PM, Lacessit said:

There are tours from Ao Nang beach to various islands, some boats carry alcohol and encourage swimming when they drop anchor. The autopsy will shed more light.

Autopsy ?Where's the fun in that ? the TV  sleuths can sort it all out on the forum in double quick time.????

Edited by findlay13

9 hours ago, findlay13 said:

Autopsy ?Where's the fun in that ? the TV  sleuths can sort it all out on the forum in double quick time.????

My apologies for raining on your parade, unfortunately I am addicted to facts and data when determining cause.

On 7/4/2023 at 5:24 AM, 2baht said:

Australia and Austria?  Are'nt they the same place??? ????Who's confused??? 

Australia is near Germany and Austria is full of New Zealanders.

Actually everywhere is full of New Zealanders.

Except New Zealand. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1