HP Laser Printer Needed

NewGuy

I’m in Pattaya and just broke my old HP1006 black and white laser printer.  I definitely need a new one, not colour, very much prefer HP, INEXPENSIVE, wifi would be nice, available right away, low volume printing, my laptop is Win 11.  In 18+ years I had a P1005 before the P1006; both reliable and affordable. I checked the JIB site and it seems they only have office hp printers. I’m checking the Lazada site and am overwhelmed and worried about delivery time. Lazada shows model 107W that looks good.

What model do you suggest and where in Pattaya will I find it?

Edited by NewGuy
Lazada stuff.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

You mean like wasting ink for nothing, just to prevent you heads getting clogged?

Cheaper than a monochrome HP Laser jobbie.

And of course, you get an inkjet with a tank system and fill up, when needed, with 'copy' ink. 

https://www.hp.com/th-en/shop/hp-laser-107w-4zb78a.html

Ships next business day, takes 1-2 days to deliver. In stock.

Or https://www.ofm.co.th/en/product/hp-laser-printer-107w-white-piece-p.4007258

Also ready to ship and in stock. So if you have OfficeMate there, maybe check it out.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 1

Thanks for that information tomazbider. My plan is to go to Tukom tomorrow, check the few retailers left, buy and carry home if possible. Otherwise, order from HP (saw their ad earlier) and wait a few days.

• Like 1

I went to Tukcom Pattaya; 2nd floor at noon, no luck in Best Buy, then along to IT City which had it on sale at 2,890 Baht, all in. They tested it and I took it home. It works fine via usb link. As for wifi, I am probably screwing things up on the laptop because I can’t get it to connect. Later, later.

Thanks all.

Edited by NewGuy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

I went to Tukcom Pattaya; 2nd floor at noon, no luck in Best Buy, then along to IT City which had it on sale at 2,890 Baht, all in. They tested it and I took it home. It works fine via usb link. As for wifi, I am probably screwing things up on the laptop because I can’t get it to connect. Later, later.

Thanks all.

Glad you posted that.  I had new ISP installed a couple of days ago and forgot about the printer. Tried the WPS method but that failed, time to go and look for the instruction manual.

On 7/13/2023 at 6:52 PM, NewGuy said:

I’m in Pattaya and just broke my old HP1006 black and white laser printer.  I definitely need a new one, not colour, very much prefer HP, INEXPENSIVE, wifi would be nice, available right away, low volume printing, my laptop is Win 11.  In 18+ years I had a P1005 before the P1006; both reliable and affordable. I checked the JIB site and it seems they only have office hp printers. I’m checking the Lazada site and am overwhelmed and worried about delivery time. Lazada shows model 107W that looks good.

What model do you suggest and where in Pattaya will I find it?

Just bought a bottom end Brother from OfficeMate at Pattaya Thai, they had an HP similar size and specs, only slightly more expensive, but I hate HP products and policies. HP consumables are MUCH more expensive than Brother, both are cheaper online from Lazada, but  the actual printers same price. I bought a wired one, the wifi version was only slightly more. 

19 hours ago, NewGuy said:

Thanks all.

Found the instructions for my Brother. Thought at first i would have to use the cable agaiin. Found a map of the menu structure and an option to enter SSID and key manually on the printer.

Maybe similar on HP.

A salutary story, only very slightly off topic:-

Some several years ago in UK I bought a colour laser printer for business use. It was a Brother, and spectacularly cheap! It ran for about a year, with heavy use, with no problems, until it ran out of toner. This thing has four enormous toner cartridges, one for each colour, and they cost, then, £90 each! The printer only cost £700!

Run on another year, and we need another set of toner. I saw advertised a DIY toner refill kit, for about £20. Ordered it, delivered no problem, opened the package, and did what no-one ever does: read the instructions!

"1. Before attempting to refill a cartridge, check its weight. DO NOT attempt to refill if it weighs more than xx grams. The printer will start to show empty when there is still 60gms remaining. Wait until the print quality is affected before refilling."

A full load of toner is about 160gms, so every time you change cartridges when the printer tells you to, you are throwing away ⅓ of your toner!

If you refill your own too early, you will overload the cartridge.

The printer ran for another 4 months before I needed to refill the black, the colours ran for more than a year!

• Thanks 1

I highly recommend the Canon G4000/G6000 series.. I have one of each. They are the 'ink tank' type and amazingly inexpensive to run.  Refilling the tanks is very easy.  The bottles that come with a new printer last a long time too.  They network easily by wifi.

Just choose from the range whether you need scanner, sheet-feeder, automatic double sided printing, etc.   Bought my G4000 in Central mall last year..

Edited by SportRider
typo

On 7/14/2023 at 2:15 PM, NewGuy said:

Thanks all.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06287229.pdf

Page 34 for Wifi setup instructions.

On 7/15/2023 at 10:09 AM, Grusa said:

Run on another year, and we need another set of toner. I saw advertised a DIY toner refill kit, for about £20. Ordered it, delivered no problem, opened the package, and did what no-one ever does: read the instructions!

These refills, as well as most if not all Brother lasers use styrene-based toners, which are carcinogenic when heated up. But who cares about health, as long as it's cheap, I guess.

On the topic of inexpensive laser printers, 10 years ago I bought a Fuji-Xerox  print-copy-scan/fax laser printer that was on promotion at IT City for B2000.

It has never failed me. Maybe 10 pages a month with an occasional 30+ copy job. It has no problem with non-OEM toner cartridges and is quite speedy.  No wi-fi but for the money, an incredible and durable bargain.

Edited by dddave

The HP Thailand staff are very helpful. They have an online chat as well as Whatsapp and Line, and they usually have someone online who can speak English.

They've arranged expedited shipping for me a couple of times. In Bangkok, that meant a delivery within a couple of hours. I'd imagine it will take longer to Pattaya, but if you need it quickly, get onto the chat in the morning and see what they can do.