Cambodian premier’s willingness to work with Thai opposition despite criticism

geovalin

Cambodian premier Hun Sen has taken advantage of the unsuccessful attempt by Pita Limjaroenrat to secure a victory in Thailand’s prime ministerial election as an opportunity to criticise his local opposition. However, Hun steadfastly denies any interference in Thailand’s politics, expressing his openness to collaborating with Pita and his Move Forward Party (MFP) should they manage to establish the subsequent Thai government.

This statement follows a recent occurrence when the Cambodian leader erroneously asserted that MFP was planning to repatriate migrant workers to surrounding countries. Hun expressed in a Tweet yesterday evening… “I declare today that Pita’s failure to get enough votes to be Thai prime minister is a major failure of the brute opposition in Cambodia.”

He continued… “This does not mean that I am interfering in Thailand’s internal affairs. My point is that in the past, these traitors always expected that when Pita becomes the prime minister of Thailand, they would use Thai territory to campaign against the Royal Government of Cambodia.”

read more https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/politics/cambodian-premiers-willingness-to-work-with-thai-opposition-despite-criticism

BMAdwMB_.jpeg

• Sad 1

Hun Sen defends comments regarding Pita’s failure

image.png

Cambodia’s Prime Minister Hun Sen

Cambodia’s Prime Minister Hun Sen has defended statements he made concerning the failure of Thai prime ministerial candidate Pita Limjaroenrat to secure enough votes to be elected to lead Thailand.

In his Telegram post on Friday, Hun Sen wrote, “I am ready to work with the Thai government leader, no matter who or which party is in charge.” He said he respects the decision of the Thai people and does not interfere in the internal affairs of Thailand.

On Thursday, Hun Sen tweeted that Pita’s failure is also a major failure for the opposition in Cambodia. He said Cambodia’s opposition groups have used Pita and his party to claim that, after he took office as PM, they would be able to operate from Thailand and use the country as a stronghold.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/hun-sen-defends-comments-regarding-pitas-failure/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-07-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1