Heads up on increased electricity prices

bluejets

If Thailand anything currently like Aus, expect the cost of energy to soar.

Recent increase here sees domestic price of the Kwh go up 25%.

Commercial even more so at around 48% in one wack from 25c to 37c a unit.

Don't know how that makes any sense given it all comes out of the same cable........... ????

Bit like the local councils who charge 4 times extra for water (coming from the same street main) to a 50mm pipe for fire fighting purpose.

Or a charge for the number of dunnies one has, price per unit. Really, one can only dump so much in any given day surely. ????

Solar farms in Aus are a joke. Gov used foreign contractors to supply/fit the system. Underground wiring is blowing up after a week or so in the ground (crap insulation).

Contractor avoiding the issues and will probably declare themselves broke after an independant quote to repair the issue by reputable mob came in at gazillions.

They didn't REALLY want to have anything to do with someone else's f**up anyhow I guess.

I don't think Albo knows about all of this though. ..........We get it from the guys on the ground there.

Guess you have your own/other problems with the so-called election. 

I could never see how that actually works.

Edited by bluejets
  • Confused 4

Interesting comment, specially since the FT just dropped, admittedly not by much from .94… to .91.. and the commercial FT rate dropped from domestic +50% to parity with the domestic rate.

So maybe I don’t understand how price increases work. Or maybe Thailand is actually special ???????? 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

Gov here is hell bent on converting over to green energy bulldust, closing conventional generating plants when the replacement required is not in place.

Same for the way they want petrol/diesel vehicles out and gas banned.

Watched as Albo sprooked to the Germans how Aus will become a "world energy power".

Those of us connected to the "real world" are simply gobsmacked.

So it may or may not affect Thai for the moment, but guessing it will come soon.