Farang Foods Ubon

Patriot

1 hour ago, Patriot said:

During my recent hunt for San Mig Zero I came across an absolute gem of a store selling all kinds of expat foods. Branston Pickle, soups, a freezer full of pies, pasties etc.

It is run by an affable chap, named Alan (I think) with whom I skulled a few of his craft beers.

It's tucked away in ChayangKun 42/2. As a hermit in Warin I'd never discovered it before, however I'll be a regular visitor - and no; I'm not the owner!!

PS: I think he's shut on Saturdays

Enjoy!!

Yes, he is Alan and yes, he closes on Saturdays. Been a regular customer (and tea drinker there) for years

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/15/2023 at 6:30 AM, Patriot said:

During my recent hunt for San Mig Zero I came across an absolute gem of a store selling all kinds of expat foods. Branston Pickle, soups, a freezer full of pies, pasties etc.

It is run by an affable chap, named Alan (I think) with whom I skulled a few of his craft beers.

It's tucked away in ChayangKun 42/2.

Totally agree. I stumbled across his well stocked shop several years ago as I was looking for a shortcut around the never ending ring road constructions. He is always friendly and helpful. Sometimes he closes on other days to restock from the big smoke but he announces that on fakebook.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Mister T said:

Totally agree. I stumbled across his well stocked shop several years ago as I was looking for a shortcut around the never ending ring road constructions. He is always friendly and helpful. Sometimes he closes on other days to restock from the big smoke but he announces that on fakebook.

Its actually called 'Ubon expat food' instead of what is mentioned in the title of this thread.

On 7/15/2023 at 1:30 AM, Patriot said:

Branston Pickle

I have searched high and low for that in Thailand.

Well I went to Rim Ping Chiang Mai and they don't have it.

BUT they have HP sauce, as does Lotus and I think Big C as well!

Edited by nglodnig

6 hours ago, nglodnig said:

I get mine via Lazada.

On 7/15/2023 at 6:30 AM, Patriot said:

It's tucked away in ChayangKun 42/2. As a hermit in Warin I'd never discovered it before, however I'll be a regular visitor - and no; I'm not the owner!!

PS: I think he's shut on Saturdays

Enjoy!!

Serious question, why were you looking for San Mig Zero, why not San Mig regular?

7 hours ago, nglodnig said:

Tops have Branston pickle usually, I get mine in the Phichit store

7 hours ago, nglodnig said:

My local Big C has Branston pickle, they have one small  section of 'falang' food. I have wanted tomato chutney also never seen anywhere in Thailand so I made my own, I now use Salsa Dip hot instead, from Macro. 

I order frozen food from "Expatfoods" pizzas, Indian curries, Lasagna, Pies, pasties, pickles, "Branston'' ordered No HAB out of stock. I'm a lazy cook, but I like to eat at home.

22 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My local Big C has Branston pickle, they have one small  section of 'falang' food. I have wanted tomato chutney also never seen anywhere in Thailand so I made my own, I now use Salsa Dip hot instead, from Macro. 

I order frozen food from "Expatfoods" pizzas, Indian curries, Lasagna, Pies, pasties, pickles, "Branston'' ordered No HAB out of stock. I'm a lazy cook, but I like to eat at home.

Expat shops around the country do home delivery.

• Like 1

I've not looked for a while but Lazada used to have loads of farang stuff, make sure you look through as I've seen the same product at different prices,

We have a couple of shops here in Phuket that ship all over Thailand, and Tops have a range of things, 

My wife walks around Makro with the Tops app open checking the prices, Nescafe was cheaper in Tops than Makro, last week 555 

On 7/19/2023 at 9:32 AM, Bert got kinky said:

Serious question, why were you looking for San Mig Zero, why not San Mig regular?

Agh "Bert", just picked up on this.

I shouldn't really be drinking so this is ultra low in alcohol.

Low in carbs ie 60cal/33cl bottle. (A third of Leo .. my favourite tipple)

Tastes better, IMO, than other low or free beers.

It is refreshing and gives a little buzz after a couple.

And last but not least, (in fact probably the most important) is that the Brothers-in-Law hate it so my fridge is not depleted by the freeloaders.

(Slightly off Topic, but I saw Oppenheimer today at Central in English. What a movie)

Edited by Patriot
  • Thumbs Up 1