Beef products.

Gandtee

During the UK Mad Cow disease, scare, Thailand banned all beef products from the UK. Is that ban still in operation? It seems that the supermarkets do not now carry Knorr beef stock cubes. Oxo cubes. Bisto gravy powder and the like. Or is my wife shopping in the wrong places around Pattaya?

Edited by Gandtee
added words

4 hours ago, Gandtee said:

During the UK Mad Cow disease, scare, Thailand banned all beef products from the UK. Is that ban still in operation? It seems that the supermarkets do not now carry Knorr beef stock cubes. Oxo cubes. Bisto gravy powder and the like. Or is my wife shopping in the wrong places around Pattaya?

yes

20 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

yes

Foodland has always had them, and according to my wife, they still sell it today. If we buy, we buy the big pack (24 pieces with 2 cubes each in it). If in an emergency, there are as well "Knorr" Bouillon Cubes (same Design, but Thai writing) in TOPS. It may as well be substituted by "Rosdee" (we call it the "happy pig" variety, they have as well "happy chicken". And a combination of both comes (well at least a bit) close the the stock that is mandatory for chinese cooking. I make my hot and sour soup with it as a base and it is absolutely stunning.

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Export of British beef ban was lifted in 2005 ,but export of beef to Thailand was allowed, but the regs were revised only in 2018.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 9:34 AM, Gandtee said:

Can find different bisto easily in big c.