Dash Cam installation in Chiang Mai city area?

FolkGuitar

Both front and rear cams for our two cars were purchased and fitted at Amnuay2 opposite Bangkok Hospital. Nicha is the owners daughter and the only one I think who speaks very good English. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Screaming said:

I wonder if they have haze filters for those dash cams. Most of the time in Chiang Mai you can rarely see past the first car in front of you.

There are some people who have something to say, and others who just have to say something no matter how ridicules it makes them appear.

2 hours ago, Basso53 said:

Both front and rear cams for our two cars were purchased and fitted at Amnuay2 opposite Bangkok Hospital. Nicha is the owners daughter and the only one I think who speaks very good English. 

Thanks, Basso53! That's exactly the sort of recommendation I was hoping for. Thanks again.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

There are some people who have something to say, and others who just have to say something no matter how ridicules it makes them appear.

I think it's a valid issue he has raised, albeit it doesn't answer your question. I'd say it's the reflection that can be overpowering at times from dashcams and all you can see is the reflection of the dashboard. I think it's worth raising this with the people you will buy from/get to install. If its not a concern to you, fair enough. 

26 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I think it's a valid issue he has raised, albeit it doesn't answer your question.

Not only doesn't it answer the question, there is nothing valid about his comment.

Your comment about 'reflection' IS a valid concern, and one I'll need to watch out for. Thanks.

Edited by FolkGuitar
  • Like 1

I have had Viofo A129s front and rear fitted in the last couple of vehicles along with a power box that keeps the camera rolling on a low frame rate whilst parked. They have wifi which may be of use whilst in discussion with local BIB as you can have instant replay on your phone.  There are many comparison videos on YouTube. The Viofo usually comes off well in price v performance.  Like others I had mine fitted in Amnuay Motor Air 2.  500B and about 30 minutes. There are no reflection issues with my vehicle. I purchased mine from Lazada.

Edited by Dellboy218
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dellboy218 said:

I have had Viofo A129s front and rear fitted in the last couple of vehicles along with a power box that keeps the camera rolling on a low frame rate whilst parked. They have wifi which may be of use whilst in discussion with local BIB as you can have instant replay on your phone.  There are many comparison videos on YouTube. The Viofo usually comes off well in price v performance.  Like others I had mine fitted in Amnuay Motor Air 2.  500B and about 30 minutes. There are no reflection issues with my vehicle. I purchased mine from Lazada.

Thanks for posting the video clip. It does have a nice, clear picture with a good field of view. I think that's the way I'll go, too.  Thanks again.