Marriage Certificate From Amphur - Different Province

In a couple of months I am going to do my first extension of stay based on Marriage. My Thai wife and I were married at the Banglamung Office in 2010 when we were both living in Chonburi. We are now living in Surin and I will be doing the extension with Surin Immigration. I have the original marriage certificates from Banglamung but I am under the impression that I may need to get a printout of some description from the office where we were married. I don't really want to drive down to Banglamung with the wife and kids so I'm wondering if the paperwork from there is really necessary or, can I transfer the marriage registration to Surin?

Edited by Coota
Spelling

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Your wife can get the KR2 (that is what the paper you need) from any amphur.

So no need to drive back to Banglamung.

She just needs her ID card and need to mention that she needs Ko RoR 2 form. Price is 10-20 THB

I have that one, maybe I'm getting confused, I'll go and see them at Immigration. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, aluc said:

Yes you have one, but every year for new extension you will have to get new one from amphur to basically prove that you are still married.

Every immigration can have a bit different rules, in my case in Phuket Kor Ror2 can be up to 180 days old.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, aluc said:

Yes you have one, but every year for new extension you will have to get new one from amphur to basically prove that you are still married.

Every immigration can have a bit different rules, in my case in Phuket Kor Ror2 can be up to 180 days old.

+1

In our case (Buriram IO) the KR2 can be a maximum of 1-2 days old.

So what I did (before when I was on a Extension based of Marriage)

On day #1 goto Amphur to get a new Kr. 2

On Day #2 goto Bank in the Morning and get the Bank Letter

On Day #2 after dealings with the Bank were finished went to immigration and did the extension

• Like 2

Explanation

@Coota

The KR2 (the document you need to get) is just Proof that you are STILL married, so if you for example got divorced you won't be able to get that document (AFAIK)

So that is why Immigration wants to see a more recent Print Out from the Amphur.

The KR. 2 that is attached to that shiny Piece of paper with the flowers (which is called KR3) is just a printout from the day you got married.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, aluc said:

Also I would recommend to ask your IO how many Kor Ror 2`s they need. 

I was asked for two originals from amphur, IO insisted that original+copy would not be accepted.

Good Point.

For 10-20 THB each it's IMHO not an issue to get 2. You will spend more money going back and forth from Immigration to Amphur ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aluc said:

I was asked for two originals from amphur, IO insisted that original+copy would not be accepted.

Sounds like another office trying to annoy farangs. Chiang Mai was very good at that.

That was the reason I paid an agent to avoid the Mickey Duck BS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sounds like another office trying to annoy farangs. Chiang Mai was very good at that.

That was the reason I paid an agent to avoid the Mickey Duck BS.

Don't forget that Marriage extension is NOT approved by your local IO but is send to the Regional HQ, and that is maybe the reason why they want two of them one for the HQ and one for them

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, aluc said:

Normally for me 2 copies + originals of everything.

• Like 1

Also if your wife has changed her name to yours, as in my case, copies of that will also be required, Also from Amphur.

It looks similar to the marriage cert, but from memory, green with the pretty flowers. You should have two marriage certs, one with her name on it and one with yours, both are required.

• Like 2