Opening A Restaurant - Legal Considerations?

Hi folks.

My girlfriend has decided she want's to open a very small restaurant, mainly to give her something to do whilst I am working.

I'm keen on making sure everyting is legal, are there and licences needed? Maybe to sell alcohol? Anything at all?

Thanks in advance.

check out the 400,000 baht thread lots of info there, i dont know if its good or not.

my god these girls are good. not even married and she wants bf to open a restaurant, and the bf will do it.

let me guess thai food?

bf isn't opening a restaurant, gf is opening a restaurant and gf is paying for it, bf is just making sure gf does it properly.

my apologies! your girl really must be different.

Well we are only talking snacks and drinks, not a la carte in any way :o Plus we already have the space attached to our house on a main road so start up costs are next to nothing. I'm just trying to make sure she isn't going to be buying me a headache further down the line :D

Hi folks.

My girlfriend has decided she want's to open a very small restaurant, mainly to give her something to do whilst I am working.

I'm keen on making sure everyting is legal, are there and licences needed? Maybe to sell alcohol? Anything at all?

Thanks in advance.

Register sole proprietorship and alcohol license, food license, cigarette license if she will sell tobacco.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi folks.

Thanks in advance.

Register sole proprietorship and alcohol license, food license, cigarette license if she will sell tobacco.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thanks sunbelt, and where does she need to apply for these? We live on Koh Phangan, would she need to visit the government building?

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

What about music/performing rights licences for any cheesy background music that might be played in the background, too?

Penkoprod