How to store ‘sticky weed’ in Thailand?

Hi

I’ve spent hours looking online regarding this issue, humid country etc. I’ve never encountered the sticky ikky variety here before, I’m aware of it and my concerns are how to properly store it to avoid mould growth.

Some people suggest to refrigerate and others are strongly opposed to it! It’s also suggested to put in a glass mason jar with a silica gel pack, to absorb possible humidity in the jar, but then the space in the jar between the weed and the lid would have air and potentially could encourage mould!

So where I’m at right now is a Mason Jar with silica gel pack inside and paper towel to seal that gap between the weed and jar clasp lid but am very open to peoples input as I had a friend overseas who unknowingly smoked mould weed which made real problems for him.

Eeeesh I’ve gone round and around with this trying to determine the best way to move forward so any help will be hugely appreciated!

Thanks, have an awesome day!

Best way to store weed long term as always been a seal a meal machine. 

https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1225042?lang=th&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2eilBhCCARIsAG0Pf8vXOtmuZ0DGYSFcUK9tUcaWTpyzWVMDJ-EHFBRd7Xc2aWf_Nz_LLFIaAodHEALw_wcB

And there's no reason to use a paper towel on a ball jar unless you want to let air in, the lid has a thin gasket already

Edited by Trippy
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, truthfix said:

Some people suggest to refrigerate and others are strongly opposed to it! It’s also suggested to put in a glass mason jar with a silica gel pack, to absorb possible humidity in the jar, but then the space in the jar between the weed and the lid would have air and potentially could encourage mould!

Mason jar - goes brown in 3-5 months.

Vacuum wrap in fridge - still green after 7 months.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

This little machine puts a vacuum seal on mason jars. Sealing in plastic is good but the plastic itself causes some decay. 

I have been advised by my Rabbi to store the sealed jars in the refrigerator. He says ice crystals in the freezer could damage the trichomes. Amen ????

image.png.c295d3ef70c07b5324d33e7a8f3e259e.png

Edited by Wuvu2

• 2 weeks later...