Alcoholics Not Permitted To Enter Thailand

Same set of regulations also states that you need to have "Proof" of a recent test for HIV (negative, I assume?).

Never seen it in print. Do you have an immigration link showing this requisit?

I have never seen it in print either, but a few days back (when I was thinking "just how much cholesterol is there in these 3 fried eggs and fries") I thought I would check a few of the old body's systems.

So I happened by the local 4-5 star (Thai rating) hospital to get some blood tests (cholesterol, liver function, blood count, etc., etc., and HIV "I didn't know where/what/who/how the GF had been entertaining when I was absent for a few days) :o

The girl in the lab asked if could she have my passport. I asked why and she said because you are having an HIV/AID's test. I said (a) you have never asked for it before and (:D I don't have it with me.

The blood was then sucked (and I was again disappointed that it was still red and not a nice blue) and the lab tests performed.

Everything was in order. And I have to apologise to all the people who I have piss*d off in the forum that there was nothing that was close to being terminal i.e. I will be here for a while longer piss*ng you all off.

But I really was wondering what the story would have been had I tested positive for the big H/A

and DaveYo said.....

For some reason HIV is not included worldwide!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This disease is deadly as it comes.

I am not real sure what this means exactly Dave. Are you saying that HIV is not included worldwide i.e. in every country, or what are you saying.

That a HIV test is not mandatory in "every" country or that it is not mandatory in "any" country.

If it is the latter you are out of touch with what is required in many many countries today.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't worry about what someone says to the pappers. Between law and real life there is a big space.

as to the ones who think some health probleems are from the middle ages wake up.

polio exists in Asia and Africa. Leprosy exists in Asia and Africa. Tuberculosis is in every continent and sometimes found in Europe. Carriers are mostly foreigners or have been abroad for some time

And HIV is everywhere.

But at this moment thaigovernment should care about the chickens who are dying all over the place :o

?Only foreigners staying in Thailand on a ?retirement? visa are required to show a medical certificate verifying that the applicant is healthy and does not suffer from elephantiasis, tuberculosis or leprosy, and is not addicted to alcoholic or a user of illegal drugs.

People found to be suffering from any of these conditions are not permitted to enter Thailand.

Thursday, July 8, 2004  Pol Capt Krissarat Nuesen, Deputy Inspector, Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.

This is the exact quote in context.

Question: Does Phuket immigration speak for the central immigration authority in Bangkok?

BR

?Only foreigners staying in Thailand on a ?retirement? visa are required to show a medical certificate verifying that the applicant is healthy and does not suffer from elephantiasis, tuberculosis or leprosy, and is not addicted to alcoholic or a user of illegal drugs.

People found to be suffering from any of these conditions are not permitted to enter Thailand.

Thursday, July 8, 2004  Pol Capt Krissarat Nuesen, Deputy Inspector, Phuket Provincial Immigration Office.

This is the exact quote in context.

Note: "People found to be suffering from any of these conditions are not permitted to enter Thailand."

Do we have to move now?

No! ('cause you're already here :o:D:D )