House Rentals In Korat

princealbert

My wife and i are currently living in Chiang Mai but looking to move to Khorat to be closer to family within the next 2-3 months or so.

Can anyone advise us please of properties to rent (up to about 15,000 month) or agencies etc. there.

I have googled just about every combo of Khorat/naknon ratchasima/Isaan/property/house/real estate etc.etc.etc. but come up with nothing.

We are travelling to Khorat Friday 13th to look round for a week or so but would appreciate every little bit of help we can get.

Many Thanks in advance

When you come, make your way to the Rya Grand hotel ( maybe even stay there?) and next door (almost) is the Sports and Cocktail bar. A true british style Isaan Pub. Very nice landlord, name of Paul. He and the locals are pretty well connected and could point you in the direction of some properties for sure. Tell him Loz told you he'd be a great help :o

The place is just off the road that goes to Wing One Air force base and golf Club. and at the other end of the road is the main route to Pak Thong Chai.

Hope this helps.

:D

Hello princealbert, I had the same problem as you a few months ago except that my wife and I needed to rent in Khon Kaen rather than Khorat. Notwithstanding the difference in location, I think the way we solved our problem may help you.

I too, surfed the Net before checking out the city but could find nothing. However, we found just what we were looking for within 48 hours of arriving in town. We drove around all the older moo baans we could find, got out of the motor and then spoke to anybody we could see. We found many places with "for sale or rent" signs taped up in a window or on a post out the front but there are also plenty of places which are not even advertised in that simple way.

The road to our "dream rental" goes like this:

Wandering around a moo baan, wife buys an ice cream from motor cycle ice cream vendor and gets chatting to him

"Ah, you want rent house? Plenty of house for rent up the road"

Go up the road and stop at first shop, "anywhere for rent here?" reply "don't know, but ask at shop opoosite"

Go to shop opposite "anywhere for rent here?" reply "yes plenty place for rent; go and see the wise woman, she live round the corner.

Found the wise woman and gave her our requirements and she took us to a place that matched our needs perfectly. The deal was made and the deposit paid within 30 mins.

The ice ream vendor turned up and it was ice creams all round on me!

Three bedroom (2 with aircon), three bathroom, dining/computer room, lounge/TV room, maid's room, kitchen/diner, second kitchen, box room, car port, fully furnished thru out right down to automatic washing machine, fax machine, two cable TV, Broadband Internet, beautiful garden at the front. 12K baht per month.

We thought we'd got a bargain until we saw our 5 year old daughter's Kiwi Kindergarten teacher's pad. Just the same as our's except better quality furnishings. And she's only paying 7.5K baht per month!

There are bargains to be had out there, all you have to do is ask around. Agents? Huh who needs em! :o

I'd be very interested in what the OP turns up in Korat. Hope he will post some data about the successful search, the house, rent and location. (I live in the north; my gf is from the Pakchong area and periodically hints at the same thing. I have no intention for the present to comply - for the foreseeable future. But would like to know anyway.)

But good luck to the OP's quest.

• 6 months later...

There are 2 houses for rent in Korat, both need time to renovate, one is 5 minuites drive to Sima Tanee hotel, The Mall shopping center, 3 bedrooms, 2 toilet, garden.

another one is also 5-10 to Center of city, I am not sure how many bedrooms but house with land is approx. 1600 sqm.