International Secondary Schools Phuket

patongphil

Both knock out a standard of education that about the same as Aus or UK

My daughter has just finished 7 years at KS she has mates that went over to Head Start pretty much same same KS cheaper

• 3 weeks later...

Headstart is a bit pricier and has better facilities and is more owned by foreigners. KIS is fully Thai owned and the facilities are just mediocre.

Also KIS is a semi Christian school pretty much, they do nativity scene shows for Xmas (at least they had a black baby Jesus....).

It seems Headstart is way ahead on the arts and some things.... I am thinking to switch mine.

12 hours ago, JakeR said:

Headstart is a bit pricier and has better facilities and is more owned by foreigners. KIS is fully Thai owned and the facilities are just mediocre.

Also KIS is a semi Christian school pretty much, they do nativity scene shows for Xmas (at least they had a black baby Jesus....).

It seems Headstart is way ahead on the arts and some things.... I am thinking to switch mine.

My daughter has been at HeadStart 14 years, never had any major issues, the quality of education is excellent, arts, sports academies and extra curriculum that incudes Duke of Wales and BTECs as well as the ICGSE's and A'Levels. The University placement officers are also very good.

She's getting a better education here than she could ever have gotten in a public school in the UK. Only problem is the cost of course.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JakeR said:

may I ask where she was prior, and how did it compare?

started at Montessori school in Rawaii;  6 years at BIS< 8th grade stayed with my sister and attended public school in the states
finished up at QSI: (2012) 
she preferred QSI< small class size, better / more experienced teachers, quality education. 
the school doesn't have all the bells and whistles if that is what ur looking for thou

her 1st year at Sonoma state she was on the deans list<