Cardiologist at McCormick

Wandr

Does anyone have experience of the cardiology department at McCormick? Perhaps of what's known as interventional cardiology?

I am looking for the name of a doctor I can specifically ask for and consult with, rather than just depending on the luck of the draw.

If a few people are happy with their cardiologist at McCormick can they perhaps post his/her name here?

Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sappersrest said:

I had a stress test done there It was supervised by the cardiologist,went through the results with me a very thorough examination ecg x rays etc

If you remember cost, I would appreciate a PM.

The best interventional cardilogist in CM is Dr. Thanawat Benjanuwattra. Nowadays only at Bangkok Hospital.

Another well recommended one is Dr. Pattarapong Keelapang who is at CM Ram Hospital.

I can't give a recommendation specific to McCormack, sorry. Their website listing of doctors does not function well and I have never heard any feedback on any of their cardiologists.

On 8/7/2023 at 10:40 AM, sappersrest said:

I had a stress test done there It was supervised by the cardiologist,went through the results with me a very thorough examination ecg x rays etc I am very sorry I dont remember his name.

If you ask at reception they will let you know.

Your comment didn't really deal with my question, but thanks for some feedback.

However it did raise another question: did the stress test include ultrasound imagery before and after the exercise? 

12 hours ago, Wandr said:

Your comment didn't really deal with my question, but thanks for some feedback.

However it did raise another question: did the stress test include ultrasound imagery before and after the exercise? 

A stress test alone would not include ultrasound (echocardiogram). That is a separate test.

I could advise you better if I knew what your issues were/why you think you need an interventional cardiologist

On 8/8/2023 at 12:00 PM, Sheryl said:

A stress test alone would not include ultrasound (echocardiogram). That is a separate test.

I could advise you better if I knew what your issues were/why you think you need an interventional cardiologist

Actually I have had both types (with & without) meaning a stress test with & without echo

The one with echo I had was brutal

They work you very hard (recumbent cycle in my case) for much longer/50% than a tilt treadmill test like I have had in the past

Then after the physical stress section you have to immediately lay down while they do echo tests & asking you to take deep breath & hold X seconds etc

All of that while you are still in a oxygen deficit state so yes IMO brutal ????

But it did give a lot of good data

This was done in USA not in Thailand but I am guessing it is also available there

Edited by mania