Football Rule Changes

KannikaP

Of course there is footie on every day for a while, and whilst watching thought a few rule changes could be considered.

Bring back 'accidental hand ball' instead of e silly rule as is at present.

Scrap the offside rule, which was only brought in to stop a centre forward standing on the opposition's goal line waiting for the ball. Let them.

Instead of penalties in knockout matches, why not send off all players who have had yellow cards and play sudden death.

Make sure throws-in are taken within one metre of where the ball went out.

Why does the ref refer an incident to the three VAR judges, and then he goes to look at a small, pitch-side screen themselves to make a final decision.

Why doesn't the ref stop the clock when there is an incident/injury as in rugby, and end the match at 90 minutes

And as in Rugby, what doesn't the Ref tell the crowd WHY he has made a decision.

If penalties are continued, why not each team use different end's goal posts so that many spectators are not 100 metres from the action?   ChatGT said that they are taken at the 'home team's' end........in World Cup or Wembley?

To stop shirt pulling, let them play topless.

I am sure I, and others, can add or make more suggestions. 

Only the player involved and his Captain can go within 10 metres of the Ref, and no one else can say anything. 

Edited by KannikaP

Why not have 4 quarters instead of 2 halves , bigger goals, so there are more goals

all better for American viewers ,and no draws , they don't understand how you can

play for 90 + minutes ,(although it could have been a fantastic game ) but have a draw.

I  don't believe any American sports allow  draws , is that correct ? not that I want these changes....

regards worgeordie

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Why not have 4 quarters instead of 2 halves , bigger goals, so there are more goals

all better for American viewers ,and no draws , they don't understand how you can

play for 90 + minutes ,(although it could have been a fantastic game ) but have a draw.

I  don't believe any American sports allow  draws , is that correct ? not that I want these changes....

regards worgeordie

I guess the difference is between League games where a win is 3 points and a draw = 1, and knockout competitions. I thought that Soccer was getting big in USA as it is at the moment.

And in UK, bring back 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Divisions instead of the third and fourth tiers being called First & Second.

Eammon Andrews and James Alexander Gordon will be turning in their graves!

Edited by KannikaP