New passport, visa exempt entries.

So you had an exempt entry in January, then left Thailand for 5 months and now have a SETV. Why would that be an issue?

But then you mentioned new passport and nothing about history in Thailand before January that maybe required the new passport. Do you think people are mind readers?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, jethro69 said:

Knowingly, I had a exempt entry in January. How likely is it that this one shows up in their database?

Your passports will be linked when your new passport will be scanned entering the country.

What I don't understand is why you seem to be concerned about this.

• Like 1

Immigration will know the full history of your visits to Thailand going back years.

Embassies and consulates where you apply for visas do not have that information. They must go on what they see in your passport. However, they will sometimes ask to see your old passport if you recently renewed.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, jethro69 said:

I'm on a new passport issued in my home country. Have been away for 5 months and currently on a SETV.

Knowingly, I had a exempt entry in January. How likely is it that this one shows up in their database?

Yes, your visa exempt entry (VEE) in January of this year shows up in the database and counts as part of the maximum of two VEEs you are allowed for the current calendar year.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

Yes, your visa exempt entry (VEE) in January of this year shows up in the database and counts as part of the maximum of two VEEs you are allowed for the current calendar year.

Just to clarify, you are only allowed two visa exempt entries per calendar year if you enter by land or sea, NOT if you fly in

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

Immigration will know the full history of your visits to Thailand going back years.

Embassies and consulates where you apply for visas do not have that information. They must go on what they see in your passport. However, they will sometimes ask to see your old passport if you recently renewed.

Any ideas as to how many years back it show up in their computer system when you arrive at an airport?

On 8/9/2023 at 1:40 AM, bigt3116 said:

Just to clarify, you are only allowed two visa exempt entries per calendar year if you enter by land or sea, NOT if you fly in

Thank you for adding this clarification. I had forgotten about it.