Home visit after visa issued

15 minutes ago, beammeup said:

Extension, but don't worry about it I already received correct replies

So to assist others ....answer the question I asked.

You received ONE home visit for your extension based on marriage?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, beammeup said:

Not so far for my situation but also applies to school teachers, local medical volunteers, cops and all and sundry.

• Confused 3

I had a home visit recently, two weeks after my visa was granted. All very friendly, the officers said they were just checking because many people give their home address but stay in a completely different part of the country 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

I had a home visit recently, two weeks after my visa was granted. All very friendly, the officers said they were just checking because many people give their home address but stay in a completely different part of the country 

This what Samut Prakan told me last extension. If you lying about living here you will be deported. If we come when arranged and you not there you will be deported. We will speak to your neighbors and security. They were polite, and non threatening about it, but they were insistent on the point, it was probably mentioned five or six times.  They said many people living in Bangkok apply in Samut Prakan and not live in Samut Prakan. 

Edited by circa02
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, beammeup said:

I have done many, many extensions based on marriage and EVERY year Pathum Thani IOs do a (date pre agreed) home visit.

Coffee and cake, copy 2 neighbors ID cards, photo outside and off they go. 30 minutes tops.

Other provinces differ.

I thino they enjoy taking the BMWr a spin.

• Haha 1

I’m on Non O Retired Extension ( 8 years) and had one visit early on. Guessing it was when they checked the neighbor up the road for his Non O marriage extension. I wasn’t home and was asked to 

go to police office in town the next day… no biggie.. questions general and pictures… 

• Confused 1

I had a home visit on 1st extension off an OA visa around 5 years ago.

Another home visit for 1st extension off an O visa last September.

Both on retirement.

But,  I had a surprise visit around 10 days ago, usual photos in front of house number and with open passport etc.

Ayutthaya IO’s in their BMW said they had called me and I hadn’t answered, I asked them what number they had called, at risk of being in the wrong they chose not to hear my question.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

3 hours ago, Expat68 said:

That makes no sense to me, if your EXTENSION has been granted and stamped in your PP, then in theory you can go and do whatever you want until your first 90 day report.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, orchidfan said:

I have done many, many extensions based on marriage and EVERY year Pathum Thani IOs do a (date pre agreed) home visit.

Coffee and cake, copy 2 neighbors ID cards, photo outside and off they go. 30 minutes tops.

Other provinces differ.

I thino they enjoy taking the BMWr a spin.

Coffee and cake Oh my god that's bribery :giggle:

This just happened to me. I was told it was a random check and will only happen one time. We had to redo all of the paperwork and answer question while signing several papers but it was over in an hour with no issues. The officer came to our house with a PC and printer to do the work. 

At first we were surprised and called immigration to confirm the visit and they told us yes it was legit. 

Edited by dpcjsr

21 hours ago, beammeup said:

Is it normal to have Immigration officers request a home visit several weeks after O based on marriage visa issued? Seems strange.

It can even happen after a non-O extension based on retirement is issued – I talk from experience...:whistling:

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

The Muppets do whatever they like when it suits them, part of the price of living here...

Perhaps not so, remember, most don't like doing anything.

I once had an unofficial visit, the Mrs asked what's the problem, he said, no problem, we have a new commander.................????

He just looked in my passport, wrote a few things down, gone...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brianthainess said:

That makes no sense to me, if your EXTENSION has been granted and stamped in your PP, then in theory you can go and do whatever you want until your first 90 day report.  

They obviously do check on their system. The last 6 months I have visited a particular place quite often staying at hotels

5 hours ago, Expat68 said:

They obviously do check on their system. The last 6 months I have visited a particular place quite often staying at hotels

Maybe so but you could still go where you wanted to, you don't have to stay home.