Solar powered irrigation with timer

djayz

I would like to install a solar powered irrigation system on our 3.5 rai plot to water young trees. I also want to add a timer so it'll automatically water when I'm away. As I know diddly squat about solar power systems or pumps, it would have to be a kit that includes everything I need to hook it up and start pumping. 

Do any of you guys have any suggestions where I could find such a kit? Is there a particular system/brand you use/recommend? 

I live in Korat, close to the Buriram border, if that makes any difference. 

Thank you. 

34 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

If there's a Thaiwatsadu in range, they are worth a visit.  They sell a range of solar panels, controllers, inverters, timers and pumps.

Thank you. Much appreciated. Do you happen to know if the sell whole kits/sets? If not, I'll have to give 'em a miss as I don't have the foggiest idea what goes with what. 

39 minutes ago, djayz said:

Thank you. Much appreciated. Do you happen to know if the sell whole kits/sets? If not, I'll have to give 'em a miss as I don't have the foggiest idea what goes with what. 

Go and look, maybe when you see what's available you can easily put together what you want. Worth a try.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, djayz said:

They do sell a kit.  It has a 'Solar pump' housed in a metal frame, together with a panel, battery  and controller.

It wasn't right for my needs, as I need a more powerful submersible pump for a deep well, but it would be OK for irrigation if you're not trying to pump the water from a deep well.

• Thanks 1

@djayz,  hi, move your post to the Alternate Energy section.

I'm sure @Crossy or others will have an exact solution. :)

Just have some idea where your water table is and the depth of your bore. Ours is 60m deep.

Also do you need 24 hour watering, then a drip feed system is probably better.

Get in touch with Craigy...he's got drip feed on his thousands of trees.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 7:59 AM, Kinnock said:

They do sell a kit.  It has a 'Solar pump' housed in a metal frame, together with a panel, battery  and controller.

It wasn't right for my needs, as I need a more powerful submersible pump for a deep well, but it would be OK for irrigation if you're not trying to pump the water from a deep well.

This is what I saw in Thaiwatsadu, but I don't have personal experience of this kit.

20230805_185416 (1).jpg

• Thanks 1

On 8/13/2023 at 12:46 AM, djayz said:

'Whole kits/sets'.

Reality is that there's dozens of circumstances involved, so do you expect that they have dozens of different sets?

15 minutes ago, djayz said:

Thanks to everyone for the advice and recommendations. I think there's a Thaiwatsadu in Korat, so I'll take a look the next time I'm up there. 

Nah, don't do it. Get in touch with Craiggie or Alt Energy Forum like I suggested. 

These package systems are not what you want.

You still got Craiggy's line number?

12 hours ago, carlyai said:

Nah, don't do it. Get in touch with Craiggie or Alt Energy Forum like I suggested. 

These package systems are not what you want.

You still got Craiggy's line number?

I do, yes. Thanks Carlyai.