Renewing Retirement Visa ( Pattaya immigration)

banglay

Hi All . How many days before your current retirement Visa expires can you re-apply for the new visa stamp .I think it's up too 30 days prior to the due date, but would appreciate clarification ????  

I usually do it 2 week in advance but this year I need to do it as early as possible  due to travel plans 

Cheers in advance 

Edited by banglay

Yes a month  before is 'standard' maximum. ......although  if you have some reason to do it sooner, and can show proof, like a flight ticket, I heard 45 days can be done.

Don't go getting a re-entry permit based on old Extension, and then doing a new Extension.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Yes a month  before is 'standard' maximum. ......although  if you have some reason to do it sooner, and can show proof, like a flight ticket, I heard 45 days can be done.

Don't go getting a re-entry permit based on old Extension, and then doing a new Extension.

I thought it was 45 Days.

I always do mine 40-45 days beforehand, in fact I'm going in on Tuesday which will be 42 days before it's due (26th September) but I do use an Agent (for convenience) so it could be different if you're doing it yourself.

Mate of mine who uses an Agent (to assist with the Finances) went in to get them to do his 90 day report & they asked if he wanted his extension at the same time, this was 90 days before it was due. 

5 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I thought it was 45 Days.

I always do mine 40-45 days beforehand, in fact I'm going in on Tuesday which will be 42 days before it's due (26th September) but I do use an Agent (for convenience) so it could be different if you're doing it yourself.

Mate of mine who uses an Agent (to assist with the Finances) went in to get them to do his 90 day report & they asked if he wanted his extension at the same time, this was 90 days before it was due. 

An issue with early application for retirement extension is it would be difficult to show the 2 month seasoned 800k . If an agent does it, it appears anything is possible. I just used one to do my TM30, my first one ever, after 18 years here. 

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I just used one to do my TM30, my first one ever, after 18 years here. 

Wow, how did you manage to get around not doing one for the past 3-4 years?

Out of interest how much did the Agent charge?

Seem to recall my 1st TM30 cost me 1,500b via an Agent even though I arrived in Thailand that day so had no fine to pay, would have cost me 1,200b in Taxis getting to/from CW so still worth it to me. 

13 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Wow, how did you manage to get around not doing one for the past 3-4 years?

You only really need to show one if you need a Cert of Residence, and I had not needed one of those for some years....nor needed a re-entry permit, and 90 days reports I do online. I used to hold my breath doing my extension myself ( TM30 not asked for)...but last year, even that I used an agent.... not asked for of course.

I got a deal (agent) sorting my TM30 and getting a COR for 2000 baht....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1