Advice needed

Hi I'm a Brit here on a 60 day single entry tourist visa. Earlier in the year, I entered Thailand two consecutive times on 30 day entry stamps and used up quota of 2 extensions allowed per year (as I understand it?)

Does this mean I won't be allowed to extend my tourist visa at immigration?

Thanks for any help 

4 minutes ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

Thanks for the answers. Still a bit confused though, does that mean I can extend my current 60 day, single entry tourist visa?

Yes, you can extend your current permit to stay. You don't extend visas, they're just used to enter the country.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

Thanks for the answers. Still a bit confused though, does that mean I can extend my current 60 day, single entry tourist visa?

Yes.

You are actually extending the permission of stay (60 days) stamped into your pp when you entered.

The actual SETV is gone (used) when you entered Thailand. 

Since you entered with visa if you are obtaining the extension in Bangkok you attend CW.

Visa exempt entries obtain extension at LakSi immigration office..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

You are actually extending the permission of stay (60 days) stamped into your pp when you entered.

The actual SETV is gone (used) when you entered Thailand. 

Since you entered with visa if you are obtaining the extension in Bangkok you attend CW.

Visa exempt entries obtain extension at LakSi immigration office..

Good to know! Yes, I extended at Lak Si before

Fair enough. This was still a very basic "can I extend my tourist visa" 'yes you can' question though.

Answers about no you can't extend any visa but can extend permission to stay just makes it confusing to tourists in my opinion (even OP didn't know at first if he had a yes or no answer)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Providing factual information is not pedantry. 

If a person enters on a tourist visa for 60 days and gets their allowed 30 day extension, do they really care that correct terminology is no extension of visa is allowed as that is an extension of permission of stay? No change in process at immigration so isn't that being pedantic about terminology?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Judging by the sad and laughing emoji on my posts you guys are really hung up on you can not extend a visa, however:

Can I extend my Visa Exempt entry, yes I can by 30 days

Can I extend my 60 day tourist visa, yes I can by 30 days

Can I extend my Non-imm O visa, yes I can by 12 months

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2

Removed some off-topic posts.

Members interested in a detailed discussion of the differences between visa, permission to stay and extension of stay are kindly invited to start a separate topic about it. Suggested topic title: Terminology: visa vs permission to stay vs extension of stay