Is Kratom powder legal in Thailand?

driveout

I know that the leaf is but i can't find any information about the powder from the leaf. I am talking about 100% natural leaf powder for consumption.

Some say its legal and others say its forbidden, do anyone have any good insight about this?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, driveout said:

I have seen illegal stuff on lazada, i guess it's not so regulated on lazada. 

Lazada do not usually 'openly' advertise illegal products.

When Ganja was available on Shopee, Ladada would not allow it's sale on their platform, probably to age restrictions.

37 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Lazada do not usually 'openly' advertise illegal products.

When Ganja was available on Shopee, Ladada would not allow it's sale on their platform, probably to age restrictions.

yes you right its not openly. But if the kratom leaf is legal i guess lazada would not care if its powder as long it is 100% natural and not mixed. 

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

The plant is legal but you are not allowed to use it as ingredients for other stuff. People mix it with other thing to make a drink (this is illegal). 

AFAIK making an extract of the leaves with boiling water is legal.

7 minutes ago, driveout said:

yes you right its not openly. But if the kratom leaf is legal i guess lazada would not care if its powder as long it is 100% natural and not mixed. 

On a web search the only restriction on Kratom that I am able to find is who it is sold to (pregnant women & children) and that it cannot be mixed with narcotic drugs.

On the sites that discuss the legality of both Kratom and Cannabis in Thailand, there is mention that cannabis extract with THC content of more than 0.2% by weight is illegal but nothing is mentioned on which form the Kratom must be in, so I presume that powdered Kratom is legal, especially as it is sold for making Kratom tea.

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

On a web search the only restriction on Kratom that I am able to find is who it is sold to (pregnant women & children) and that it cannot be mixed with narcotic drugs.

On the sites that discuss the legality of both Kratom and Cannabis in Thailand, there is mention that cannabis extract with THC content of more than 0.2% by weight is illegal but nothing is mentioned on which form the Kratom must be in, so I presume that powdered Kratom is legal, especially as it is sold for making Kratom tea.

Yes but it surprises me that they don’t sell any powder on the streets or shops.