Singapore Air. Business class .. Chiang Mai to Brisbane….Are they ‘long haul’ seats…?

mikey88

Hello…

if anyone has flown this lately…. I’m reading that the Singapore-Brisbane sector may have either ‘long haul’ seating or ‘medium haul’ seating and that there’s a difference between the two.  Long haul bring bigger…

Is this true in your experience…..and what’s you feeling about this service especially for tall  people.

Appreciate your contribution as always..

• Confused 1

CNX to SIN is on Scoot(SIA's low cost carrier).  Scoot uses an old A320 for this segment. The experience with Scoot from CNX to SIN was less than impressive.  Do you know what type of aircraft is from SIN to BNE?  It could be B777, B787 or A350-900?  Aircraft type would probably answer your question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikey88 said:

Long haul bring bigger…

Is this true in your experience

No all of the Singapore Air long haul flights use the same planes. Though I’m assuming the flight to BNE is a A350-900(359) business class, premium economy and economy. Economy class really isn’t too rough being 3x3x3 arrangement. Though personally anything over 10 hours it’s premium economy for me that I’ve flown many times to and from SFO, ~16 hours, that flight is business and premium economy, no economy seating.

• Thanks 1

I'm somewhat confused by your terminology though if talking 'pitch' - distance between seats - SIA's A350 Economy seat is quite uncomfortable compared with say, Cathay. 

Book either an exit row or bulkhead seat OR Premium Economy.

• Confused 1

Did Singapore to Brisbane on Singapore airlines business class this time last year. Different aircraft on the legs.

To Brisbane was large seating/bed. The return to Singapore was smaller angled bed not as comfortable.

Edited by Farma

4 minutes ago, McTavish said:

I'm somewhat confused by your terminology though if talking 'pitch' - distance between seats - SIA's A350 Economy seat is quite uncomfortable compared with say, Cathay. 

Book either an exit row or bulkhead seat OR Premium Economy.

OP asking about business class.  Not those cheap seats.

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

CNX to SIN is on Scoot(SIA's low cost carrier).  Scoot uses an old A320 for this segment. The experience with Scoot from CNX to SIN was less than impressive.  Do you know what type of aircraft is from SIN to BNE?  It could be B777, B787 or A350-900?  Aircraft type would probably answer your question.

I have not flown with Singapore Airlines to Australia, but with Thai. Bangkok-Brisbane was an A350 with flatbed arrangement. Return was an older aircraft with around 40 degree seat decline (horrible in comparison).
Good input. Check aircraft model before booking and chose dates with newer aircrafts if you can.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

OP asking about business class.  Not those cheap seats.

I didn’t notice that in the OP, I guess my X-ray version isn’t working. Long haul flights have business and premium economy class. But who cares if someone flies cheap seats? 

3 hours ago, Farma said:

Did Singapore to Brisbane on Singapore airlines business class this time last year. Different aircraft on the legs.

To Brisbane was large seating/bed. The return to Singapore was smaller angled bed not as comfortable.

That’s an interesting find. Thank you. So the SIN-BNE was a proper flat bed…..?   Would you happen to know what the aircraft was on that sector…..?

14 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

CNX to SIN is on Scoot(SIA's low cost carrier).  Scoot uses an old A320 for this segment. The experience with Scoot from CNX to SIN was less than impressive. 

Carefully selecting an upgrade seat greatly improves the experience.  The added space is significant.

7 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Carefully selecting an upgrade seat greatly improves the experience.  The added space is significant.

Have experienced what an “upgrade” is like on Scoot?  Also, Scoot like Air Asia charges for almost  everything.  I was shocked when Scoot did not charge me for having a backpack as I checked in.  

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

Have experienced what an “upgrade” is like on Scoot?  Also, Scoot like Air Asia charges for almost  everything.  I was shocked when Scoot did not charge me for having a backpack as I checked in.  

Yes, just did Chiang Mai Singapore RT on Scoot with a seat upgrade and as I said, it was quite good.  Actually 3 seats.  Again note you have to choose your seat upgrade carefully to get the best one, there are several options available.  

Hope you have recovered from your shock.

13 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Yes, just did Chiang Mai Singapore RT on Scoot with a seat upgrade and as I said, it was quite good.  Actually 3 seats.  Again note you have to choose your seat upgrade carefully to get the best one, there are several options available.  

Hope you have recovered from your shock.

No because I will fly them again because it is a nonstop flight from CNX to SIN.  From SIN then onwards to the first world.   

Use this, especially for serious long-haul flights:  https://seatguru.com/

Plug in the flight information and see what kind of seat you will get.  You don't have to have a reservation to use it, just airline, date and flight number.

I use it before making any long-haul flight.  Eight seats across in economy on a Boeing 777 is bearable, ten across is not.