Mochit Bus Terminal to Sukhumvit Rd

watgate

OP .. you can get a taxi motorbike from the Mo Chit bus terminal for 60 baht I believe ....or there are AC buses and cheap red buses that go past your BTS station, just ask someone there,  then jump on the BTS at Mo Chit BTS station to go to Sukhumvit.

If your a bit short on the baht let me know and I'll drop a couple of bucks in your ATM bank account

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Walk is the cheapest, I mean just to the BTS (I do it to stretch the legs and get them working after 7 hours in the bus), you can either walk through the park(s) or round the outside ACW. From there you have a choice of Skytrain or the Subway.

I've done the walk through the park too. Not for money reasons but for exercise after 8 hours on a bus, unless of course it's raining and then I get a taxi to my hotel.

On 8/20/2023 at 8:12 AM, watgate said:

What is the cheapest way to travel from Mochit Bus Terminal to Sukhumvit Rd in Bangkok?

I would go with BTS if coming with a "roll-on". Coming in "heavy" you are better off taking a cab. Watch your timing, the Skytrain can get rather crowded and different times of the day.

Thank you to no-show Jones and kinok farang for your comments. I find most posters very helpful with loads of great and informative info which they kindly share with other members. I guess their are a few unhappy and disgruntled posters who like to denigrate and belittle posters for questions THEY deem worthy of ridicule.

On 8/20/2023 at 9:49 AM, foreverlomsak said:

Walk is the cheapest, I mean just to the BTS (I do it to stretch the legs and get them working after 7 hours in the bus), you can either walk through the park(s) or round the outside ACW. From there you have a choice of Skytrain or the Subway.

I would refrain from using acronyms that aren't immediately and universally recognized. Never heard of "ACW" and no one else here has either, not sure why you thought we were supposed to know "ACW" means "Anti Clockwise", never heard anyone call it that either when counterclockwise is usually what it's called.

Confusing ????

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang

18 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

I would refrain from using acronyms that aren't immediately and universally recognized. Never heard of "ACW" and no one else here has either, not sure why you thought we were supposed to know "ACW" means "Anti Clockwise", never heard anyone call it that either when counterclockwise is usually what it's called.

Confusing ????

Thinks it's probably due the differences between English-English and American-English, not heard it referred to as counterclockwise often before,

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ACW may refer to:

Military

American Civil War

Air Control Wing, e.g.:

116th Air Control Wing

461st Air Control Wing

552d Air Control Wing

Other

Acorn Cambridge Workstation, a microcomputer

Ancient Christian Writers, a book series

Anticlockwise

Arts Council of Wales

Ashfield–Colborne–Wawanosh, a municipality in Ontario, Canada

6 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Thinks it's probably due the differences between English-English and American-English, not heard it referred to as counterclockwise often before,

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ACW may refer to:

Military

American Civil War

Air Control Wing, e.g.:

116th Air Control Wing

461st Air Control Wing

552d Air Control Wing

Other

Acorn Cambridge Workstation, a microcomputer

Ancient Christian Writers, a book series

Anticlockwise

Arts Council of Wales

Ashfield–Colborne–Wawanosh, a municipality in Ontario, Canada

Thanks, I learned something today ????????????

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
Edit: can't delete that weird emoji character for some reason it just says 'expand widget' I'll blame it on Android jankiness

Last month when I took a big bus from Kanchanaburi to MoChit, they actually stopped at the BTS/MRT stations in front of the Chatachuk market to let some of us off. 

But you had to be paying attention and ready to bail out, because the guy didn't stop for more than 30 seconds.  I got the sense it was an unauthorized stop for him.

BTW, the MRT is just as good as the BTS to get to Sukhumvit where it crosses Asoke.

Edited by impulse