Pink Line to Changwattana?

Has the Pink Line monorail to the Changwattana government complex opened? I saw an article that said test runs started last week but it was unclear if all stations were open or if they would be open on 1 September.  It will be nice to avoid the taxi drivers there as well as the horrible traffic in the afternoon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, ricklev said:

Has the Pink Line monorail to the Changwattana government complex opened? I saw an article that said test runs started last week but it was unclear if all stations were open or if they would be open on 1 September.  It will be nice to avoid the taxi drivers there as well as the horrible traffic in the afternoon. 

I live around there. Yes the traffic is terrible int he afternoon, and I wonder why they are still using lanes to park their trucks and store construction equipment. They are slowely opening some parts of some lanes. I saw some testing of a train a month ago, but I have no idea of when it will open, but the openign keeps getting pushed back. Maybe next year or the followin year? There is still a lot of construction to do around Impact (I think I saw a sign saying that is at least 2 years away from being finished. They certainly don't seem in any hurry to finish any of it. Tivanon road is still a mess as well. 

i am staying at the government complex in the centara, and have driven from there to central a couple of times over the weekend, so if that's the pink line, i saw a train using it yesterday, there seems to be construction work at the stations, between central and the complex, and the traffic is a mess, with parts of the road closed off.

I wonder if that fake news story was planted by someone that wanted to increase the value of their condo for a pending sale.  That's pure speculation. Could be some internal organizational strife being played out. Or just kids, them damn kids!

21 hours ago, Crossy said:

And then ...

In reality, look at end December / early January for a passenger service.

The problem people have is that the last time there were similar MRTA claims of "fake news" - with the Yellow Line opening - it turned out that the rumors were correct, and the official denials were wrong. As a result, it's not surprising that folks aren't sure who to believe. (I'm referring to the news reports, Crossy, not your inside info!)

• Haha 1

The pink line has been "almost" finished and on the verge of opening for years now.

It's almost as if they don't want to finish it and they are dragging it out as long as they can.

Private businesses seem get things done in no time (be it condos or malls) but anything government related takes forever.

• Haha 1