Wagner chief Prigozhin listed as passenger on plane that crashed with no survivors, Russian authorities say

eisfeld

MOSCOW, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Wagner mercenary chief Yevgeny Prigozhin was listed as a passenger on a private jet which crashed on Wednesday evening north of Moscow with no survivors, the Russian authorities said, raising fears among his allies that he had been killed.

There was no immediate official confirmation that Prigozhin, Russia's most powerful mercenary and a self-declared enemy of the Russian Defence Ministry, was physically on board.

Reuters could not confirm that he was on the aircraft though a Telegram channel linked to Wagner pronounced him dead.

Article: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ten-killed-private-jet-crash-north-moscow-tass-2023-08-23/

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

I wondered why Putin hadn't resorted to his usual poisoning or falling out of tall building playbook.

I'd be highly skeptical that that the video filmed by some local peasant  wasn't staged.

You never see video of a poisoning or falling from a high building. The video was almost too good to be true.

Putin likes to terrorize and what better than to show a plane falling from the sky?

For those in his circle watching that, they know aircraft don't fall from the sky like that, unless it's an inflight explosion, caused by what, bomb, missile, we'll never know

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

I wondered why Putin hadn't resorted to his usual poisoning or falling out of tall building playbook.

I'd be highly skeptical that that the video filmed by some local peasant  wasn't staged.

You never see video of a poisoning or falling from a high building. The video was almost too good to be true.

Putin likes to terrorize and what better than to show a plane falling from the sky?

For those in his circle watching that, they know aircraft don't fall from the sky like that, unless it's an inflight explosion, caused by what, bomb, missile, we'll never know

Reuters was able to speak to multiple residents in the area who heard a loud bang before the plane fell from the sky and one guy was quoted as saying he saw one of the wings flying away. That would explain the uncontrolled straight down fall.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/prigozhin-plane-crash-villagers-hear-bang-then-see-plane-plummet-ground-2023-08-24/