Teenage couple arrested for canal-side murder in Chiang Mai

webfact

image.jpeg

Police arrested a teenage couple after they murdered a Thai man on a road along an irrigation canal in the northern province of Chiang Mai.

On August 21, the lifeless body of a 45 year old Thai man near a roadside forest along the road in the San Sai district of Chaing Mai. The body, which bore several traces of an attack, was transferred to the San Sai Hospital for an autopsy while police searched for the attackers.

According to a report from San Sai Police Station, the deceased sustained severe facial and neck injuries, with two cut wounds on his knees. Blood was detected on some glass and two rocks at the scene of the crime. About 200 metres away from the body, officers found the deceased’s motorcycle with blood stains on it.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Nation TV.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/teenage-couple-arrested-for-canal-side-murder-in-chiang-mai

-- Thaiger 2023-08-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

Just 14 years old !

The couple claimed that the motorcycle ran out of fuel, so they had to walk home. While walking, they met the deceased who they claimed was intoxicated. They stated that the drunk man attempted to attack them, so they kicked and stabbed the man

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

Do you really miss that nauseating adverb, "allegedly"? They admit to killing him, what else do you need? Only question is whether it was self-defense or not.

the full first paragraph of this thread (not the linked article) reads as follows...

"Police arrested a teenage couple after they murdered a Thai man on a road along an irrigation canal in the northern province of Chiang Mai." Therefore I still can't see the word allegedly that you're referring to.

I believe that the Burmese boys were encouraged to admit to murdering the British couple on Koh Tao, but there are a lot of people who don't believe that makes it true.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Do you really miss that nauseating adverb, "allegedly"? They admit to killing him, what else do you need? Only question is whether it was self-defense or not.

well my friend it makes a HUGE difference...you can't believe what is reported on here..you will need to wait for the result of the Court hearing which maybe a year away. I thought as a foreign adult you would know this.

Edited by tandor
typo

13 hours ago, 2long said:

the full first paragraph of this thread (not the linked article) reads as follows...

"Police arrested a teenage couple after they murdered a Thai man on a road along an irrigation canal in the northern province of Chiang Mai." Therefore I still can't see the word allegedly that you're referring to.

I believe that the Burmese boys were encouraged to admit to murdering the British couple on Koh Tao, but there are a lot of people who don't believe that makes it true.

Are you insinuating a multiple stabbing attack is an iron clad defence they are not responsible for his death. 

6 hours ago, Dickie Dee said:

Are you insinuating a multiple stabbing attack is an iron clad defence they are not responsible for his death. 

I'm insinuating nothing other than they haven't been found guilty in a court of law yet, so the wording should should reflect that appropriately.

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2023 at 1:20 PM, 2long said:

So, they haven't been convicted in a court of law yet, but the sub-heading reads 'a teenage couple after they murdered a Thai man' 

On 8/24/2023 at 2:42 PM, arithai12 said:

On 8/24/2023 at 4:05 PM, 2long said:

On 8/24/2023 at 5:11 PM, tandor said:

well my friend it makes a HUGE difference...you can't believe what is reported on here..you will need to wait for the result of the Court hearing which maybe a year away. I thought as a foreign adult you would know this.

On 8/25/2023 at 5:43 AM, Dickie Dee said:

22 hours ago, 2long said:

I'm insinuating nothing other than they haven't been found guilty in a court of law yet, so the wording should should reflect that appropriately.

Good grief already! What’s with the yammering over semantics and phrasing? Two kids were apparently involved in the death of an adult. Since none of us were there and clearly we don’t know and may never know what happened except for the true or false statements of the kids. Though if anyone is interested in the outcome then wait for the final verdict.

Any alcoholics or party boys in LOS...watch your backs...murderous teens on the loose

As for me I would have just high tailed it as i assume teens can run faster than a drunk older man.....but then again they are fond of wearing sandals/flip flops....

I worked in bars for 20 yrs..met many drunks and a few fights..never felt the urge to kill one...