Cambodia attracts over 3M int’l visitors in 7 months

geovalin

Cambodia attracted around 3.03 million international travellers in the first seven months of this year, a whopping 308 percent increase from the same period in 2023, according to a report from the Ministry of Tourism.

“The total number of international visitors to the Kingdom was around 2.27 million. Cambodia received a total of 3,037,344 international travellers in the first seven months of this year,” Top Sopheak, Secretary of State at the Ministry of Tourism, told Khmer Times yesterday.

While the number of international tourists was 6.20 million in 2018 and 6.6 million in 2019, it slumped to 1.31 million in 2020 and 196,495 in 2021 due to the adverse impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. The tourism sector showed signs of revival in 2022, with the number of international tourists surging to 2.27 million.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501348848/cambodia-attracts-over-3m-intl-visitors-in-7-months/

66023.jpg

I've been in Kampot/Kep for a week. I thought it would be difficult to find a room as it's European vacation time and usually busy. The first guesthouse I tried only has two rooms rented and that is to permanent guests. They rented one other room through August. Going around the district I only see people who are long stayers.