Who Was The Biggest Waste Of Money Then?

ThaiPauly

I read in the BK Post that Jonathan Woodgate was voted the worst ever signing of any Spanish team, with I think it was 34% of respondants voting for him.

Only played 18 times and waited(becuase of injury) 12 months before he kicked a ball, and when he did it was into his OWN GOAL and Real lost 1-0 if that was not bad enough Woodgate the proceeded to get SENT OFF.

You could not make that stuff up could you??? LOL.

Seems to be doing OK at Boro though....but he should have been destined for bigger and better things.

These 50 from the Sunday Times makes depressing reading..for some clubs anyway... :o

The Worst Signings?

How can they have Samaras as number 45? He has only been here a year and not really been given a chance. He's still only young and was brought in for the future. It says on there "A lack of goals led to Stuart Pearce’s sacking as manager and the Greece striker was among the chief culprits"

I'm not one of Samaras's biggest fans but i think that's a tad unfair and he's still at the club. So we don't yet know if he will come good. I reckon they run out of names after 30.

True Mr. B, plenty of decent players have had tough first seasons at their new clubs, Kolo Toure is one who springs to mind.. perhaps Evra at Old Trafford too. Also, they've including players who, though they "failed" at certain clubs, moved on and played well for a new side.

Still, there are a few genuine stinkers in there... :o