Up to a totalitarian world

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

I prefer to obtain information from professionals.

These social media leeches allow information from any Tom, Harry and Dick (head).

Give me a teleprompter, desk and a bookshelf behind me, I'll take a shot at convincing people rat turd extracts are a cancer cure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

As someone who had a press card, I'd say journalism was to toe the government line.

At least in the UK, where if you didn't co-operate, you didn't get work.

Yes, there are plenty of toady journalists out there protecting their livelihood over true journalism. But are you seriously trying to say you have never read any UK journalism which runs contrary to the govt line? To that I have to give a hardy laugh ????????????

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, peter zwart said:

The European Union's Digital Services Act (DSA) has officially gone into effect. Starting on August 25th, 2023, tech giants like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and more must comply with sweeping legislation that holds online platforms legally accountable for the content posted to them. With other words, the governments going to force you to believe only what they want you to believe. Its not a conspiracy thought anymore. 

A few people here may agree with you, but from my experience the majority of members here don't want to debate global totalitarianism, and they would rather kick back, relax, and enjoy their lives here in the LOS.  You're most likely to simply be mocked.  Just saying... 

Edited by connda
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I prefer to obtain information from professionals.

These social media leeches allow information from any Tom, Harry and Dick (head).

Yeah.. professionals (lmao) toe the line that the owner prescribes, who the last thing he wants is to fall foul of the gooberment

• Confused 1

Just like the dollar, Europe and the Union are dommed under their current shape. Europe is going down as we are becomming far to docile and patsy with the USA. Many EU nations are already going showing hostility against the will of Washington via Bruxelles !... and are shifting to far right nationalist governance. European people are slowly understanding that the leaders of the Union in Bruxelles are mainly defending American interests,  that are not the same interests of the european people.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

A few people here may agree with you, but from my experience the majority of members here don't want to debate global totalitarianism, and they would rather kick back, relax, and enjoy their lives here in the LOS.  You're most likely to simply be mocked.  Just saying... 

Best answer yet. Who is the next Thai PM.........couldn't give a monkey's. 

4 hours ago, peter zwart said:

The European Union's Digital Services Act (DSA) has officially gone into effect. Starting on August 25th, 2023, tech giants like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and more must comply with sweeping legislation that holds online platforms legally accountable for the content posted to them. With other words, the governments going to force you to believe only what they want you to believe. Its not a conspiracy thought anymore. 

What's changed, as it's been like that since I was a teenager and paid attention to the propaganda.

Only thing surprising is, taking 50 yrs for some people to realize it.

'Zappa & M of I' ... 1973, me, graduating High School that year.  Nothing has changed:

Edited by KhunLA