Hello to the keyboard synthesizer fans...

observer90210

The synth equipment scene is rather grim, but CT Music off Sukhumvit Soi 40 has a great catalog of recent pro level equipment available.  You can Google their website, and use Chrome to translate to English. It's a 5 minute walk from the BTS and you will find someone who speaks English, no problem, and enjoy the view. I bought my Roland XPS-30 synth there and my KC-110 keyboard amp. Both were in stock. 

Another choice would be Theera Music near Central Pinklao. If you are big with Roland, they are a certified Roland dealer and a good place to get Roland everything and send your Roland gear there for repairs.

I am a devoted synth player, and former owner of Prophet 5 (Rev 3), Hammond B3, ARP Quadra, Ensoniq Mirage, Roland S-50, Roland JX-8P, Roland XP-80, Korg M1, Kurtzweil 2000. I currently have only kept my vintage Yamaha CP-70, which I love more than my girlfriend (if you want to play Genesis, you need one of these), and a 1990's Roland AX-1 in mint condition.

My recommendation to you is to buy a controller. Software plugins are the new thing. They will never give you that fat sound of the 70's and 80's, but developers are improving them, and they have so much power, and very cheap.

9040ca96a33839c193d233d233324abc.0.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

Used to have the odd Yamaha and Korg back in the day. Most recently I used an M-Audio 88 key midi keyboard. They are ok (and cheap), but the feel is totally off. Semi weighted, which is typically fine for a synth, but I want a true piano feel.

Bought a Roland F130R about 9 years ago. Had it delivered from Japan to the UK, then straight back to Cambodia via Abu Dhabi and Bangkok, then finally back to Bangkok again! It's very well travelled. Love it. Feels great, sounds great and still semi portable (ish). Sure it's not a synth, but I have a PC for that.

Suriya Music in Pattaya opposite the eastern entrance to Thepprasit might be a buying option.

image.jpeg.518860b00b45c6d0b76bb30ea88bcef0.jpeg