Retirement visa extension timing

I've got my Non 'O' for the purpose of retirement 3 months ago which expires on 25th September and that will need to be extended for the 12 months at least 2 weeks before the end of that expiry.

I would usually do it well in advance but I have short trip to make outisde of Thailand on 3rd September for a couple of day so I'll use a re-entry permit. My question is on my return when I submit my passport for that 12 month extension how quickly can I get that passport back? Is there any way to speed that up ie fast-track or by using an agent?

11 minutes ago, Yewbzee said:

My question is on my return when I submit my passport for that 12 month extension how quickly can I get that passport back?

It all depends on which IO Office you need to use, which you do not say.

Here in Phitsanulok, they do it there and then, in & out within an hour, as long as all your paperwork is correct.

2 hours ago, Yewbzee said:

I've got my Non 'O' for the purpose of retirement 3 months ago which expires on 25th September and that will need to be extended for the 12 months at least 2 weeks before the end of that expiry.

You should be able to apply for the extension any day between 26 August and 25 September.

2 hours ago, Yewbzee said:

when I submit my passport for that 12 month extension how quickly can I get that passport back? Is there any way to speed that up ie fast-track or by using an agent?

For a retirement extension, you should get the passport returned the same day, or at worst the following day. Retirement extensions are not taken under consideration, with the consequent delay. You could do it this week.