Bkk and beyond radio stations

ezzra

Looking for recommendations for a radio station/s that plays foreign oldies in Bkk and beyond among the  million or so radio stations that out there with minimum talking and praying and news where possible. 

Buy an Amazon Alexa subscribe to Amazon Music and you can ask for what oldies you want and also listen to radio stations as well, I use mine here in Thailand, think you can buy one from Lazada.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Mistake

23 hours ago, blackcab said:

What about using an app like Audials Play, which let's you stream radio stations from around the world for free.

Your favourite stations from your home country might well be on there.

I've tried Audials but choice is to limited to my taste.

I just wanted to try it out to compare. 

I do have RadioGarden, you can listen to many radiostations around the world, more my thing... ????

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, khunpeer said:

I've tried Audials but choice is to limited to my taste.

I just wanted to try it out to compare. 

I do have RadioGarden, you can listen to many radiostations around the world, more my thing... ????

Thanks for the recommendation, I've just downloaded it.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you mean local stations in Thailand broadcasting in English:

in Bangkok I know only MCOT 88 FM, which has good music, but very poor news (mainly government propaganda).

30 years ago there were 3 good English language stations on the FM band in Bangkok, but of course no internet radio.

In Pattaya I know of 2 English language stations, both playing quite good music most of the time, but it really depends on the program host:

96 FM or online on pattayapeople.com and Fabulous 103 on 103 FM or online on alwayspattaya.com

The latter station also broadcasts BBC news on the full hour (longer at 7 and 8 AM) and local Pattaya and national news in English on the half hour. 

One of Thailand's best English radio stations is Hua Hin's Surf Radio (they also provide a news service here on Asean Now). Available online via all of the apps mentioned previously, or my personal favourite "TuneIn". Alternatively, listen online at www.surf.radio

Edited by andychk

4 hours ago, Pdib said:

If you mean local stations in Thailand broadcasting in English:

in Bangkok I know only MCOT 88 FM, which has good music, but very poor news (mainly government propaganda).

30 years ago there were 3 good English language stations on the FM band in Bangkok, but of course no internet radio.

In Pattaya I know of 2 English language stations, both playing quite good music most of the time, but it really depends on the program host:

96 FM or online on pattayapeople.com and Fabulous 103 on 103 FM or online on alwayspattaya.com

The latter station also broadcasts BBC news on the full hour (longer at 7 and 8 AM) and local Pattaya and national news in English on the half hour. 

FM103 in Pattaya 

2 hours ago, The Patriat said:

FM103 in Pattaya 

Yes, I mentioned that one too. Most hosts usually play good music, right now and until 9:00 PM Emperor Rosco is playing 'Coast to Coast Country'.

Their repetitive commercials are a wee bit annoying, but since it is a free private station, it is understandable that they have to make money from somewhere.

On 8/30/2023 at 7:19 PM, Pdib said:
On 8/30/2023 at 4:37 PM, The Patriat said:

FM103 in Pattaya 

Yes, I mentioned that one too. Most hosts usually play good music, right now and until 9:00 PM Emperor Rosco is playing 'Coast to Coast Country'.

Their repetitive commercials are a wee bit annoying, but since it is a free private station, it is understandable that they have to make money from somewhere.

Rarely on air. 

Seems like their location (Chayapruek 2) is the worst in the country for power outages.