Out-of-province first service for new car

Sandboxer

Just bought brand new Toyota in Pattaya a few days ago, but I live in Phuket (was my plan to make it a road trip back home). What I totally forgot about asking the dealer - what about the first service on it? Can I have this done at Toyota Phuket or is there some weird nonsensical system here that forces buyers to stick to their original dealership's service centers for the allotted (free) service intervals?

I know the logical/obvious answer to this (555) but nothing surprises me here anymore,  so..........? 

(yea, I know I could just ask the dealer but communicating with him isn't exactly easy and I'm sure I'll have the needed reply here within minutes of posting.)

Thanx.

32 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

Just bought brand new Toyota in Pattaya a few days ago, but I live in Phuket (was my plan to make it a road trip back home). What I totally forgot about asking the dealer - what about the first service on it? Can I have this done at Toyota Phuket or is there some weird nonsensical system here that forces buyers to stick to their original dealership's service centers for the allotted (free) service intervals?

I know the logical/obvious answer to this (555) but nothing surprises me here anymore,  so..........? 

(yea, I know I could just ask the dealer but communicating with him isn't exactly easy and I'm sure I'll have the needed reply here within minutes of posting.)

Thanx.

The first 'free' services are included in the price you paid to the original dealer.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I can't answer specifically for Toyota or servicing at dealerships outside of province of purchase. 

However, in Bangkok (Mazda) I have used different dealerships (Garages) for servicing than the dealership of original purchase. 

Obviously the only proof is in the pudding.

Rock up to a main Toyota dealer with your car and ask directly. 

Some service centres may be better than others (I found that with Mazda), so others may be able to recommend one they have found reliable. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can't answer specifically for Toyota or servicing at dealerships outside of province of purchase. 

However, in Bangkok (Mazda) I have used different dealerships (Garages) for servicing than the dealership of original purchase. 

Obviously the only proof is in the pudding.

Rock up to a main Toyota dealer with your car and ask directly. 

Some service centres may be better than others (I found that with Mazda), so others may be able to recommend one they have found reliable. 

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2023 at 10:14 AM, Sandboxer said:

Thanx.

You can book an appointment at any Toyota dealer for service, labor free if included in your purchase agreement, parts (e.g., oil/filter) are charged unless you negotiated that for free.  I bought in BKK and service in PKK.  For ease of booking, connect your car to the Toyota mobile application (T-CONNECT), and you can book an appointment on the app throughout Thailand.  Everything done at a dealership also goes into their Service DB and the app will also send you reminders to book your next service.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Expat4life66 said:

You can book an appointment at any Toyota dealer for service, labor free if included in your purchase agreement, parts (e.g., oil/filter) are charged unless you negotiated that for free.  I bought in BKK and service in PKK.  For ease of booking, connect your car to the Toyota mobile application (T-CONNECT), and you can book an appointment on the app throughout Thailand.  Everything done at a dealership also goes into their Service DB and the app will also send you reminders to book your next service.  

No T-CONNECT at the APP store!?

IH

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Datsun 1200 said:

No T-CONNECT at the APP store!?

IH

I believe your playstore needs to be set for Thailand if it's not already.   if you don't want to change your playstore location, you can google search the .apk file or use another 3rd party playstore like APKPure.  My dealer added it for me and set it up, but my playstore location has been set to Thailand for many years.  

Hope this helps...

I too couldn't find the TConnect for TH so did the Playstore resert to TH and all is good....EXCEPT....

Since it asks the user to enter a date of registration + license plate, nd I am currently on red dealer plates.....TiTted until I get permanent plates.