Looking for a pet (cat) friendly apartment or condo.

buddyy

Hi, as the title says im looking for a cat friendly apt/condo in the Silom, Sathorn, Rama 3 or the surrounding area.

Prefer the budget be max 20k/mo+utilities.

Can recommend both long term condos and short term (monthly deals) serviced apartments.

Thank you!

Aguston, Sukhumvit 22 used to have units for rent available at that rate but not sure right now.

https://www.agustonsukhumvit22.com/

Obviously all prices on this page are inflated. Check on hipflat or ddproperty or alike for more realistic figures. I'm just posting it as a friend is staying there and paying around 20-25k per month on rent. Dogs are certainly allowed and you can hear them barking from balconies, cats not sure, probably.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Tyvm but Sukhumvit too far far from my SOs work. She works near Bang Rak, so prefer around there.

I know rama 4 is far from there too, but its sometimes only 10 minutes depends on traffic. Sukhumvit is different story.

Anywhere from 20min to 1 hour.

Yea i keep an eye on the usual sites, fb groups etc. Just thought will ask from here too.

Edited by buddyy

Just now, OneZero said:

If you keep the cat in your room without outside access, many condos even with "No Pets" regs will overlook the fact that the cat is in your room.  Just don't talk about it or do anything that raises a complaint.

PS, wherever you go, for the protection of your cat, be aware of danger of balconies if your cat spots a bird or other animal.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, OneZero said:

If you keep the cat in your room without outside access, many condos even with "No Pets" regs will overlook the fact that the cat is in your room.  Just don't talk about it or do anything that raises a complaint.

Yeah, ive done it before. Just sometimes feel shady when need to take him somewhere and hide. Or just carry cat related stuff around condo building, like big bag of toilet stuff, foods etc.

Feel want to go legit ????

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, OneZero said:

PS, wherever you go, for the protection of your cat, be aware of danger of balconies if your cat spots a bird or other animal.

Always yes ????

He loves the balcony, but we never let him stay alone there. He is rather afraid of even looking over the edge, but loves to look ongoing traffic from a near expressway.

Be careful and make sure it's CAT friendly only and not Pet-friendly.

I took a tour of such a condo, there were little-yapper dogs barking loudly behind closed doors, every where. You could hear many dogs barking incessantly, especially when someone walked down the corridor. All of them inside of the condo units, running to the door and barking / scraping the doors. I believe this was on a weekend, so the excuse of "they were at work and no one was there to take care of it." Seems unlikely. Living there would be a nightmare. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

There's neglectful Dog owners, then there's Thai Dog owners. I have never seen any Thais here walking their dog, in years of being here. Never seen a leashed Dog on the sidewalk with someone taking it for a walk. Or if I have seen it, I forgot about it since it's such an uncommon sight. 

It seems to me that Dogs are just bigger cats to Thais. They can be cooped up inside 24/7, no walks given, no behavior correction, no grooming. Just let the dog do its own thing inside of a 32sqm apartment. That's not a one-off either, that's a collective mindset. Gotta be no other reason why so many dog maulings happen here disproportionately compared to the size of the population, and the stray dog problem. They simply don't have the gusto or wherewithal to be responsible dog owners.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

That is a very fair point!

Just keeping a low profile in a non pet condo seems like a good idea reading that. I mean, the worse that can happen is you lose your deposit.

Our cat is very chill and quiet too, only thing he likes to destory is curtains ????

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, buddyy said:

That is a very fair point!

Just keeping a low profile in a non pet condo seems like a good idea reading that. I mean, the worse that can happen is you lose your deposit.

Our cat is very chill and quiet too, only thing he likes to destory is curtains ????

Exactly. Just do whatever you want as long as you can get away with it. Regard for rules and consideration for others is for suckers.

"No parking" sign? Pfft, that's just for poor people who can't afford the fine.

"No pets allowed"? Meh, as long as I am the only one not obeying it, what's the harm?

Remember: you're not breaking any rules until you're caught.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Myran said:

Exactly. Just do whatever you want as long as you can get away with it. Regard for rules and consideration for others is for suckers.

"No parking" sign? Pfft, that's just for poor people who can't afford the fine.

"No pets allowed"? Meh, as long as I am the only one not obeying it, what's the harm?

Remember: you're not breaking any rules until you're caught.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

• Sad 1