Definitely something going on at the Kasetsin wooded area

scubascuba3

Possibly just another condo building. I suspect these developers are playing the long game, anticipating that in a couple of decades there will be high demand. Which isn't completely stupid… I used to know a Thai guy who owned a lot of land in soi Watboon area, made good money from it, he said he had bought it dirt cheap 30 years before.

5 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Possibly just another condo building. I suspect these developers are playing the long game, anticipating that in a couple of decades there will be high demand. Which isn't completely stupid… I used to know a Thai guy who owned a lot of land in soi Watboon area, made good money from it, he said he had bought it dirt cheap 30 years before.

Could be just another condo, although in the photo you can see a stone wall they've just built, similar to their walking paths, maybe it's another park area

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I heard that unused land is being taxed. Where I live quite a lot of undeveloped plots around Na Jomtien/Bang Saray have been cleared and planted with banana trees/coconut/cassava to avoid the tax.

Is it possible that this is what's happening ?

I see exactly that in the East Pattaya location where I stay. A couple a large tracts of land have just been cleared and one is currently being planted and the other is being walled in and will likely have a similar outcome.

Initially I was concerned that they were being cleared for some entertainment purpose which would certainly mean the end to a rather peaceful 20 year existence. But that has likely been just delayed.......... 

23 minutes ago, MrJ said:

heard that some kind of market/food stalls/tourist attraction will be built - another one ;-(

Like we see on soi Excite and near Nirun condo? There is also some market being built behind Numchai (Klang /Sukhumvit area)..... seems like overkill. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...