Low season bungalow in Phangan

About ten years I ago I stayed in Koh Phnagan for a few months around May-July. I rented a bungalow with a separate kitchen up a hill with stunning sea views for about 10,000 baht a month. What kind of price would I be looking at these days for something similar for around this time of year?

• Like 1

Prices have tripled, at least, during the last 10 years. Israelis and Russians have been buying, building and renting decent properties on the Island and prices have shot up. Before you book anything, make sure that the property has access to year round water, as lack of rain in Koh Phangan and Samui, along with a virtual non existence of planning permission for new properties is creating a MAJOR problem.

• Like 1

I was staying on KP during last high season.  My detached studio near Chaloklam had a separate kitchen and bathroom, parking, huge land (coconut plantation), free wifi and electricity and it cost me 9,000 THB/month with no security deposit needed.

How did I get such a bargain?  I ignored the overinflated prices on FB and drove around and chatted directly with the Thai owners ????

my-house.jpg.5c7072cc946b95eb2f0b08dd5e1c8451.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, simon43 said:

I was staying on KP during last high season.  My detached studio near Chaloklam had a separate kitchen and bathroom, parking, huge land (coconut plantation), free wifi and electricity and it cost me 9,000 THB/month with no security deposit needed.

How did I get such a bargain?  I ignored the overinflated prices on FB and drove around and chatted directly with the Thai owners ????

my-house.jpg.5c7072cc946b95eb2f0b08dd5e1c8451.jpg

That's exactly what I did so maybe things haven't changed that much. Back then I stayed in Haad Yao which was pretty deserted in the low season with many resorts closed. Many owners were happy to offer good monthly prices to walk-ins.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 5:19 PM, bignok said:

KPN has different weather to Phuket. Low season prices arent the same.

Yes, Op asks for "something similar for around this time of year?"

"This time of the year" is when the low season begins on Samui and Phangan; so, OP seems to be fully aware of that...????

• Thumbs Up 1

Great Island to stay three months, alot to do there.  We found a nice bungalow with outside kitchen and great balcony close to the beach, partly with sea view at Reggea Garden villas. Do not remember the price we payed now, but it was high season. Book hotel or bungalow a few days and drive around as someone else mentioned here. 

• Like 1