Covid Booster Location Pattaya?

CanadaSam

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Why even get one when the current symptoms seem to be no more than a flu, and the variants keep changing? I don't plan to ever get another. 

Yep - had Covid (according to an rapid antigen test) at the beginning of last month.

Two and a half days with a manageable fever.  Splitting headache for the first 12 hours.  Body aches with the fever for the next two days.  After the fever broke, I felt "off" for another couple of days.  And that was it.  I stayed at home.  It was never bad enough to consider seeing a doctor
Connda's Covid Adventure.
  :thumbsup:
Essentially it was 4 days with flu symptoms. I've had worse cases of influenza in the past.  Rapid antigen test was back to normal on day 15.
My immune system will take care of any future brushes with Sars-Cov-2 seeing that I've got antibodies.  Once the antibodies decrease, then immunological memory will take care of any other SARS-based infections. (Immunological memory refers to the ability of B and T cells to produce long-lived memory cells that defend against pathogens1) I'm no more worried about future Covid than I am future influenza (which I haven't had for a couple of decades).  And I don't take shots other than Rabies shots, but that's a different story.

But!  I highly recommend you get the Covid boosters if it makes you feel safer.  Try private hospitals as they have a profit motive to keep mRNA Covid vaccines in stock as opposed to public hospitals.

Source: Immunological memory
1https://med.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Anatomy_and_Physiology/Anatomy_and_Physiology_(Boundless)/20%3A_Immune_System/20.6%3A_Humoral_Immune_Response/20.6D%3A_Immunological_Memory

Edited by connda
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, connda said:

Yep - had Covid (according to an rapid antigen test) at the beginning of last month.

Two and a half days with a manageable fever. 

Connda, happy to hear no long lasting effects for you.

Kindly tell me your age, I am 63, so a bit worried, therefore, this post.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you've tried BPH then maybe Memorial and Pattaya City Hospital, I've not seen anything posted on social media

Well done, answering the Q rather than unwanted opinions on necessity. Might have to go to Bangkok for Moderna even if it can be found.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, connda said:

71.  I personally don't worry about it as long as I'm in reasonably good health.  From the epidemiological data I've read, the people who have the worse time are those who are 75 and older, not in good health, and who have health issues such as diabetes, coronary problems, immune issues, and obesity.  So in the meanwhile, exercise and eat right.  After 75?  Something will eventually kill you.  That's just the way of it.  If you get Sars-Cov-2 while battling some other disease, well, that may usher your passage off this moral world.  Until then?  As long as I have a healthy immune system, I'm personally not worried.  Especially after contracting Covid as now I have Sars-Cov-2 antibodies and B and T cells immunological memory.  If my immune system encounters a form of Sars-Cov-2 again, even a mutate form, it's primed to go into action.  Honestly, that's the purpose of getting vaccinations. 
Then Virology 101: as the viruses mutate (and they all mutate) they become more infectious but less virulent, in other words you're more likely to catch it, but also  your immune system is more likely to beat it down just like most healthy people will beat influenza. 

But?  You gotta do whatever you feel makes you safe.

So much common sense packed into your reply. Thanks for the effort. So much panic, so much hysteria, so much fear out there. As I stated before I am more concerned with catching a flu, than I am Covid. Been there, had that, it was a nothing burger. Was sick with the flu for 2 days, then a cold for 2 days. No more vaccines for me. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Keep Right said:

Same here, no more COVID cocktail for me.

I think that the fact that the UK are no longer offering shots to those under 65 unless you are high risk, says a lot about this?

I've had it 3 times personally and even the first time I was well enough to continue to work from home.  A close friend, the Covid Queen as we call her has had it about 6 times.  On the other hand though I have another friend who had it when it first surfaced, spent a few days in an induced coma and still suffers from long Covid, so I think it affects different people in different ways?

• Like 1