Thai "Police Check" in BKK

Both myself and my Lao partner need to apply for a Thai police certificate for a visa to my country.

1. Is it possible to get this done online for a Non-Thai person or do we need to go to the Police Headquarters in BKK to get this done? It's a big of a pain needs to be done in person.

2. Can anyone who's in Thailand apply for one, doesn't matter if you are here on a visa or are on a 30 day visa exempt?

3. If applying at the BKK headquarters, do you just need to bring your passport with you?

4. Do you need to provide a copy of all entry/exit stamps in your passport?

5. Has anyone recently done one and what what the rough turnaround time to get one? Is there a fast-track option to get it quickly?

Edited by bbi1

2 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Long time ago I got one. 

If you pay the fee you get the paperwork in a week or 2, but, if you pay 'special' at CIB you get the OK in an hour. ????

Loved it.

How much is the "special" fee and what is CIB? Thanks

9 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Central Investigation B. 

Minimal special cost for 2 hr report...think it was B2000.

Ok, thanks.

As a foreigner, did you just produce your original passport & nothing else for them to do the check?

On their website has everything written in Thai, even though it's linked from the English section of their website for "REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (Apply in person for applicant residing in Thailand)"here: https://pcscenter.sbpolice.go.th/news/REQUIREDDOCUMENTS(ApplyinpersonforapplicantresidinginThailand)_25.html

Or are all foreigners meant to follow the instructions REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (Apply by Mail for applicant residing in abroad) here even if they are in Thailand: https://pcscenter.sbpolice.go.th/news/REQUIREDDOCUMENTS(ApplybyMailforapplicantresidinginabroad)_32.html

Edited by bbi1

8 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Or are all foreigners meant to follow the instructions REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (Apply by Mail for applicant residing in abroad) here even if they are in Thailand: https://pcscenter.sbpolice.go.th/news/REQUIREDDOCUMENTS(ApplybyMailforapplicantresidinginabroad)_32.html

Photocopy of Valid Passport

Photocopy of Thai Work Permit/Visa - What if the Lao person is doing 30 day visa runs?

Photocopy of Current Country of Residence Visa - What's this???

Photocopy of Passport pages with all entry and exit stamps to/from Thailand

2 Passport size photographs

Obtain 2 sets of hardcopy of original fingerprints at the Royal Thai Embassy or local Police Station in your country - Really, they want this???

Edited by bbi1