Is the a Singapore Air and/or Thai Air physical office anymore in Chiang Mai?

mikey88

6 hours ago, nglodnig said:

AFAIK Singapore Airlines don't fly directly into CNX so they are unlikely to have an office.... 

Scoot (which is the low-cost airline of the Singapore Airlines group) does fly to and from CNX and Singapore; however, I have no clue if they have an office at the CM airport.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/7/2023 at 10:13 AM, CMBob said:

Scoot (which is the low-cost airline of the Singapore Airlines group) does fly to and from CNX and Singapore; however, I have no clue if they have an office at the CM airport.

Correct. They must have an office if they operate flights, however the office hours might be limited.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/7/2023 at 4:10 AM, nglodnig said:

AFAIK Singapore Airlines don't fly directly into CNX so they are unlikely to have an office. Thai USED to have an office in the Old Town but that is long closed down - go to the airport

On 9/7/2023 at 2:55 AM, arithai12 said:

THAI has a large office at the airport, ground floor between domestic and international counters. SIN I don't know, but many international airlines have small offices in the corridor leading to security/immigration on the 2nd floor - with limited hours.

Thank you….do you know if you can buy an International ticket at the airport office….?   I’ve been having trouble with using Visa online.

As Silkair folded during covid, I flew SCOOT from Singapore to C Mai return during August for dental treatment (cheaper). I wanted to check my return flight & went to CM airport assuming there would be an office there for SCOOT/Singapore Airlines - there is NOT ! After checking on the net, I found that the only way to contact them was to call their office in Singapore, which I did. Very disappointed with Singapore Airlines - how can you fly direct into a country but not have an office/presence there ? Their Business Class service from Brisbane was horrible too. At 100k baht, I expect more than 2 lousy half-glasses of warm beer in 7 hours in J Class. At least I could buy beer on the SCOOT flight - $9 SGD a small can and it was cold. I assume all airlines are being cheapskates now after covid, even in Bus Class.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 1:38 PM, Aussiepeter said:

As Silkair folded during covid, I flew SCOOT from Singapore to C Mai return during August for dental treatment (cheaper). I wanted to check my return flight & went to CM airport assuming there would be an office there for SCOOT/Singapore Airlines - there is NOT ! After checking on the net, I found that the only way to contact them was to call their office in Singapore, which I did. Very disappointed with Singapore Airlines - how can you fly direct into a country but not have an office/presence there ? Their Business Class service from Brisbane was horrible too. At 100k baht, I expect more than 2 lousy half-glasses of warm beer in 7 hours in J Class. At least I could buy beer on the SCOOT flight - $9 SGD a small can and it was cold. I assume all airlines are being cheapskates now after covid, even in Bus Class.

Thanks t for this insight into the Sing Air business class………I was considering it…

• Thumbs Up 1

Singapore Airlines Bus Class USED to be fantastic ! Not any more though - the A350 I flew in both ways from Brisbane to Singapore in August had been re-configured - where once there were about 34 seats in J class there were now 82 seats, but still the same number of toilets ! Pity any fatties who need the "hong-nam" - the rear toilets now have only about 30 inches of space in the corridor/bulkhead & the same in the toilet ! The cabin crew served from the front in J class, then went right to the back of the plane & economy class. $5K ? I got the feeling that they had cut the cabin crew numbers too. To be fair to them, the flight back to Oz had fantastic service, BUT still in a huge J class area. It seems to me that all airlines want their pound of flesh now, after losing millions during the Chinese flu epidemic ...  

Airlines are a business and need to recoup the massive losses incurred during the pandemic as well as deal with higher fuel prices and the diversions caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the subsequent loss of safe airspace. When services restarted there were still restrictions on use of masks and food service but even the Chinese airlines have now gone back to normal. Cabin crew numbers are determined by the number of emergency exits and individual airline standards and full service airlines like SQ have to follow these. In recent months SQ has experimented with their economy food service but other classes are unchanged from pre pandemic levels although of course menus change. The era of low fares has gone for at least the next few years because in some markets demand exceeds supply, but in Asia numbers have recovered more slowly especially out of China. As staff were let go during the pandemic shutdown airlines are battling to recruit every type of employee as well as bring stored planes back into service. It will be a few years before capacity is fully restored so until then fares will remain higher. It's the new normal!

On 9/11/2023 at 1:38 PM, Aussiepeter said:

I fly Thai business , last, 2 weeks ago CM to Sydney and return, old planes but brilliant service, great food and bubbly, lots of cold beer. No direct flights sadly, change at BK, plus is that you check your bag in at CM and pick it up in Sydney. Never had a problem.

• Thumbs Up 1