New Desktop AIO.

NoshowJones

I have just bought a new Acer AIO and would be interested in knowing what settings you use on  Power. 

A. When plugged in. Turn off my screen after--------.

B. When plugged in. Put my device to sleep after------.

Any reasons you have would also be helpful.

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I have just bought a new Acer AIO and would be interested in knowing what settings you use on  Power. 

A. When plugged in. Turn off my screen after--------.

B. When plugged in. Put my device to sleep after------.

Any reasons you have would also be helpful.

These settings would also have been on your previous machine. The defaults are designed to suit most needs. Therefore, if you never needed to change them previously, I wouldn't worry. They are there to enable you to save a little electricity and also to suit individual preferences.  

2 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

These settings would also have been on your previous machine. The defaults are designed to suit most needs. Therefore, if you never needed to change them previously, I wouldn't worry. They are there to enable you to save a little electricity and also to suit individual preferences.  

No, I never bothered about them on my last machine, I was just checking through everything when I seen the Power and remembered seeing on YouTube something saying never to switch off your computer, there also used to be a Hibernate button next to the Sleep, so I was thinking about keeping the computer almost permanently on sleep when not in use.

I used to always switch it off when it wasn't in use, then I starting thinking that always starting it up was maybe part of the problem with my last computer.

12 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

No, I never bothered about them on my last machine, I was just checking through everything when I seen the Power and remembered seeing on YouTube something saying never to switch off your computer, there also used to be a Hibernate button next to the Sleep, so I was thinking about keeping the computer almost permanently on sleep when not in use.

I used to always switch it off when it wasn't in use, then I starting thinking that always starting it up was maybe part of the problem with my last computer.

Switching off shouldn't cause any faults. However, maintenance routines and updates will queue and may take some time to complete if your machine has been off for a while. With a new machine this shouldn't be a problem for you though.

• Thanks 1