Hua Hin to Koh Phayam

thaitot

Has anyone made this journey? I assume train or bus to Ranong then ferry to koh Phayam  from Hua Hin or flight from Dmk. We will be in Hua Hin the end of December and are considering this trip.  Can anyone add to this as best route decent place to stay and if it is worth it. We are not high end travelers and can ride motorbikes and prefer Thai food if that helps , my wife is Thai We are Hua looking for a new adventure. We have done the koh Chang, Krabi, Phuket, koh Samui, pattaya destinations we will Also be spending at least a week in Hua Hin as it seems to be our happy medium thanks in advance.  

There are no trains to Ranong, long bus journey (from Bangkok) or a short flight to Ranong airport, situated 22km south of Ranong Town. Once is Ranong, head to Sapaan Pla I think it was called from memory and you can get a boat to Koh Phayam from there. Take cash. there were no ATMs there last time I went, albeit quite a few years ago. Enjoy..

Edited by South

If you are able to tolerate the minibus experience you catch one at The Clock Tower about 07:45, change in Prachuap KK to the one that goes to Ranong. That leaves 10 AM or so. He will take you directly to the pier for Koh Payam. BUT the last boat leaves at 2PM. So this is a risky schedule. If you fly in you can arrange transport to the pier directly from the airport. There are 2 or 3 options there meeting you in the arrival hall. And a songtao likely sitting outside might be cheapest. Straight down from the pier just 2 or 3 minutes walk, on the LH side is Hells Bells Bar and Grill. He rents rooms and motorbikes. If you want a place on the beach you should do travel research.