4x4 wheel drive

hithere

For a near offroad experience,  would think that the 'road' that joins Chalong with Patong across the Nakkard hills might suit.   Formerly just a track, it was upgraded some months ago when a landslip closed the main route into Patong.   However, since then, no maintenance has been done on this road, so the recent rains and poor surface have taken its toll.

This would be the starting point in Chalong:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bukit+Elephant+Park/@7.8616007,98.3182239,2366m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x30502ff7b0acb3b9:0x7fbf2b8eb29422ae!8m2!3d7.8618603!4d98.3216632!16s%2Fg%2F11q497xcjc?entry=ttu

• Thumbs Up 1

I live on a dirt road in America.  I actually *need* a 4WD vehicle.  You guys who go out and tear up roads "for fun" don't seem too bright to me.  Trying to get stuck in the mud and need to be winched out sounds like the height of stupidity.  Doesn't get any more useless activity on this earth than that.  I'd suggest getting a hobby that helps people instead of thrill seeking by destroying dirt roads. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I live on a dirt road in America.  I actually *need* a 4WD vehicle.  You guys who go out and tear up roads "for fun" don't seem too bright to me.  Trying to get stuck in the mud and need to be winched out sounds like the height of stupidity.  Doesn't get any more useless activity on this earth than that.  I'd suggest getting a hobby that helps people instead of thrill seeking by destroying dirt roads. ????

You should try Road trip around Thailand, and not the big roads, then you will meet the real Thailand 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 1:12 PM, Sandboxer said:

Sorry I don't have much info for ya, but would you by any chance happen to have installed after market bull/roll bars on your rig here on the island?

Been looking for a place but no luck (posted a seperate thread about it just now as well).

Enjoy~~

There a few 4x4 shops on the island 
Google 4x4 shops phuket 

• Like 1