Ear Syringing, Pattaya

doctormann

Any recommendations for ear syringing - preferably on Pattaya Darkside?

My usual clinic (Mithmitree) says 'cannot, go to hospital'.  I'm sure that there are clinics that do this very simple procedure - there was one on Khaotalo that I used, several years ago, but I can't find it now so maybe disappeared.

Bit naughty but I do it myself. Put a drop of mineral oil in the ear every day for four or five days. Use a garden watering head set to the thin single jet of water. Start with low flow and direct into ear from a few cm away. Increase flow as necessary. 

If I could find a place that used the ultrasonic method I would go there but all I get round here is a nurse with a thin tube trying to suck the wax out which doesn't work.

13 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Bit naughty but I do it myself. Put a drop of mineral oil in the ear every day for four or five days. Use a garden watering head set to the thin single jet of water. Start with low flow and direct into ear from a few cm away. Increase flow as necessary. 

If I could find a place that used the ultrasonic method I would go there but all I get round here is a nurse with a thin tube trying to suck the wax out which doesn't work.

A few years ago, I tried the oil trick - used olive oil - as this was recommended by Dr. Google.  Didn't work so I ended up going to a clinic anyway.  The nurse there gave me a right b*llo*king for daring to put oil in my ear.  Don't know why!  Anyway, got the H2O2 and vacuum treatment, which worked right away.  Unfortunately, that particular clinic has disappeared so I shall need to go somewhere else.  I have a couple of recommendations from board members so, if the problem persists after a couple of days, off I shall go.

9 minutes ago, doctormann said:

A few years ago, I tried the oil trick - used olive oil - as this was recommended by Dr. Google.  Didn't work so I ended up going to a clinic anyway.  The nurse there gave me a right b*llo*king for daring to put oil in my ear.  Don't know why!  Anyway, got the H2O2 and vacuum treatment, which worked right away.  Unfortunately, that particular clinic has disappeared so I shall need to go somewhere else.  I have a couple of recommendations from board members so, if the problem persists after a couple of days, off I shall go.

Had similar experiences. One doctor tells you to use oil for a few days then come back for the syringe and another boll@&ks you for using oil.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Olmate said:

These ear drops for 2 days then syringe with warm water, might take couple goes.

IMG_20230919_080539.jpg

IMG_20230919_080203.jpg

Exactly right. A few drops of very light oil an hour before the warm water helps too. To help immulsify the oil you can use a tiny drop of dish detergent in the syringe water. As you say, one or two repeats helps.

Be aware that warming or cooling the inner ear on only one side may cause a moment of dizziness. This is normal and often used to diagnose balance problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

You know it s worked if people are  now shouting at you!

A lady doctor was shouting at me the other day.

I went into see her.

She said,  Mr Quake,  You need to stop masturbating.

I said,  Why ?

She said,  Because I'm trying to examine you. :giggle:

Go buy yourself a hydrogen peroxide solution, a syringe from the chemist, apply solution directly into ear as you lay on your side using a cotton wool wicks and squeeze the solution into the ear..

Doctors in Oz recommend this home treatment and it is completely safe!

Do this repeatedly about every 15 minutes over the few hours of dripping the peroxide into the ear.

It will fizz, and make crackling noises as it erodes the wax.

Repeat with more wicked solution on the cotton wool for a few hours - if severe blockage you may need to do it for 3 or more hours in this sequence.

Then after some hours of this make war soapy water solution use the syringe to squirt the soapy water directly into the ear.

This will flush the dissolved wax to run out of your ears.

Its gentler to do it yourself as most hospitals and clinics don't use the peroxide solution first just inject forcefully warm soapy water straight in the ear.

This can hurt quite a bit, and if done too forcefully damage the ear drum.

Note to all members pushing objects into your ears e.g cotton buds or 'tools' made to scoop wax or objects out to try and clean them is dangerous and does not clear out ear wax adequately.

It simply pushes the wax or objects further into the ear canal. 

The practice of Thai's doing this as a natural matter of 'natural' course is not good. Don't emulate or allow Thai's to do this to your precious hearing organs.

6 hours ago, alanrchase said:

What is the 'ultrasonic method'? The current mehod used for removal of excess ear wax is 'microsuction'

5 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

What is the 'ultrasonic method'? The current mehod used for removal of excess ear wax is 'microsuction'

They have a small ultrasonic bath with a tube and a thin wand. Low pressure water is pumped from the small bath through the tube and wand into your ear. All I felt was a slow trickle of water from my ear and fragments of wax came out with it. My problem is I get a pellet of impacted wax down by the eardrum. There is no way that is coming out with microsuction.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Civilised countries don't do it, very dangerous.  But we are talking Thailand here so delete the word Civilised 

Qualified doctors regularly remove earwax in "civilized" countries and that is what is under discussion here. 

• Like 1