Curtain shops (preferably on Tepprasit)

Jingthing

I'm interested in new curtains for my condo with a blackout part as well. I've noticed places are trying to sell automated ones these days, but that seems like asking for trouble when they inevitably break.

So anyway I've tried before visiting random shops and wasn't confident in the communication situation or the products. Yes I want decent quality. 

Can anyone recommend a curtain shop that they've used where the communication was OK and you were satisfied with the quality and service?

Tepprasit seems to be the district for this but any Pattaya area location considered.

Edited by Jingthing

I used a shop on Thepprasit last year to get some new curtains made for the two windows in the master bedroom in my house. They have completely light-blocking material now so you don't need the separate layer of sun-block plastic. The downside of that is the choice of designs is a bit limited.

Because the security bars on the windows in my gaff are on the inside (retractable, so I only use them when I'm away), they had to make pelmets to go over the top of the new curtains. They work well and look great. I also got them to do some repairs and replace a curtain rail elsewhere in the house, and shift one of the old curtains from the bedroom into the storeroom. Total cost was 14K Baht, which I was quite happy with.

The lady in charge speaks excellent English and is very helpful. The shop is nothing much to look at, and is located on the south (Jomtien) side of Thepprasit, not too far from the Tong Ma aquarium shop. If you are on the south side, roughly opposite the road to the Kaan Theatre, and walk towards Sukhumvit, you'll soon see the shop.

1988393680_Curtainshop.jpg.229e8c6815902e38f873d67ce8f19675.jpg

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm interested in new curtains for my condo with a blackout part as well. I've noticed places are trying to sell automated ones these days, but that seems like asking for trouble when they inevitably break.

So anyway I've tried before visiting random shops and wasn't confident in the communication situation or the products. Yes I want decent quality. 

Can anyone recommend a curtain shop that they've used where the communication was OK and you were satisfied with the quality and service?

Tepprasit seems to be the district for this but any Pattaya area location considered.

If size are normal in general can't install new hangers and Rods,  Thaiwasadu, Homepro, 

I felt they have a good selection of blackout than the custom shops less hassle can look freely not having to buy inside shop. Years ago I went the private shop felt they overcharged looking in a book instead of being able to see the final product.  Unless it is a huge sho most don't stock due to funds.  

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

there are shops back of Tutcom.........

Index and Home Pro shops sell UV / blackout curtains in standard window sizes in many different colors and patterns, we have a set in the movie room and they turn it into night even with the sun streaming in.

I would never buy made to measure curtains again, they are way over priced.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Eastern Home Decor Co. on Sukhumvit opposite Lotus South Pattaya. The owner speaks good English. I know a few people who've used this shop with good results.

Second for that shop, Just off thepparasit on other side of sukhumvit opposite to Tesco. Friendly service and good prices, they happly come and install your home

Edited by mran66
  • Thanks 1

I have completely redone my Jomtein condo when I was bored during covid lock down, new curtains were from JP curtains, low price nice fabric.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/8zSyXbJfpShev3Kx7

Black out curtain fabric : A&T  AT9413.

Two things:

1. I didn't like the metal weight chain at the bottom of the curtain so I took it out.

2.The sheer curtain  has a purple top strip that shows through, I would request they use a white one if I knew.

Other then that very nice: it's the texture and shade of grey that I was looking for, and the price was much much lower then those from Tepprasit shops I went to.

240588679_10165644257620331_5041116221106388020_n.jpg

367390792_10168043761705331_3077913470584410688_n.jpg

Edited by Thailand J
  • Thanks 2